Back in the game - The conference I

The press hall was filled with busy-looking people, either running around to stock up the supply of water bottles and snacks or to sit down at their respective seats and wait for the conference to begin. Bang invited everyone from the biggest press firms and tv studios, wanting to make a huge, official statement and making sure, that this message would finally make an end to the bad rumors, still circulating.

Under the watchful eyes of Namjoon, you allowed yourself to catch up with your phone and answer your family's and friends' questions. The news seemed to have reached much farther than you all had thought, so it was a lot to handle. You even checked some of your socials and to your surprise, the hate was manageable. Somehow the information got around, especially in the army community, that Ji-ho was fake and that her claims were false. And that you were a friend of BTS and supported them, most and foremost. So your timeline and profiles were flooded with many purple hearts, supportive messages, and wonderful armys, writing you that they stood behind you. It was unbelievable.

On the other hand, many of your clients and the future projects you had planned, were declined or canceled. They didn't want to get involved with someone that present in the press, especially in a negative way. It was sad but manageable. You had experienced much worse, so you tried to stay calm and focused on the more important things. Like this press conference.

"Y/N..." Someone whispered quietly, a shoulder bumping into yours. You turned your eyes and looked at the widely grinning Jae, dressed elegantly as always. The grey wool coat, combined with a black button-up and patterned dress pants looked very sharp. Next to him stood a tall, black man, with a dark beard, short hair, and a comfy statue. The man had his arm wrapped around Jae's small figure, smiling calmly while observing the slowly gathering crowd through the shaded windows of the small tech room you stood in.

"Hey, Michael. Nice to see you again." You smiled brightly at the man, scratching his neck sheepishly and glancing at you shyly.

"S-sure. I wanted to support you, so..." He stammered quietly, a blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"Aw, babe. So cute." Jae giggled and got on his tiptoes to press a loving kiss on the other man's cheeks. "I am so happy that you are here!"

"Me too." Another voice said wryly, coming into the room. You turned to it and discovered your favorite craftswoman, wearing an unusual formal outfit. She had her phone in her hands and a grin on her face. "This kid is always unbearable antsy, when you are not around, Mica. Please, consider transferring to HYBE, when this is all over. Pleaaase. I could use a good artist."

The tall man chuckled embarrassed and lifted his hands up in a soothing gesture. "Ah, that's nice Do-Yun, but I don't know....I only paint, so not sure if I can contribute anyhow..."

"Well, this is our old but new boss's problem, right?" Do-yun gave you a wink and cocked out her hips. "I mean with this huge budget you got, Y/N, you could hire a whole soccer team for the department. Maybe even two."

You laughed, leaning back to the wall of the small room. "I am a good negotiator, I give you this. But I had great help with the name Kim Namjoon and fearless Min Yoongi, soo..."

"Haha, yes!" Jae giggled amused and slapped his boyfriend's chest playfully. "Did you see the deadly glances Yoongi threw at the managers, not agreeing to Y/Ns demands? It was the funniest thing I had seen in a while."

"And the kid ... Kook?" Do-yun gave you a questioning glance and you nodded proudly. "The way he argued the investors into submission and got them to agree to your project plan even with an additional budget was the best I had seen in a long time. Your boyfriends are true legends, Y/N."

"I know, I know." You mumbled happily, thinking back to the long, exhausting meeting you had only some hours ago. It started a bit rocky, with the managers and investors questioning your credibility and your vision, because of the countless rumors and Ji-ho's lies. Most of them didn't want you in their company, even when the boys gave their point of view. Careful, not to spill any secrets. But you knew you had to step up your game, had to convince them about you and your ability to successfully manage a whole compartment of their multimillion-dollar company. And you did. You worked through the whole night, locked yourself up in your room, and planned out a very strong business and spending plan. Namjoon gathered all the ideas the former creative director had already planned and sent them over, along with all the information he could gather about TXT and their next comeback. You created some ideas for the shoots, mv's, and the press material. You talked with someone from the marketing department and checked all the finances, you needed for it. You even created a secret account on Twitter, Instagram, and Weverse, trying to find out what ARMY wished for, what they wanted to see from their beloved groups. And with all that, you marched up and crushed them. Your concept had real potential. You knew it. Not only because Bang nodded impressed and Yoongi looked at you beyond proud. No. Because you felt it in your heart. The passion and the hunger for this job and the company.