CHAPTER 9: Wedding Day

tick..tock..tick..tock...

The two pair of blue eyes looked toward where the sound came. A small wooden object showed that evening was coming to an end. The old clock was pointed exactly at 6. In a place where it should be full of lavishly ornate building; only this site was shabby.

The Royal Palace

A site where a high ranking rulers live. But, also can be a place where people were fighting to death. A luxurious appearance could layered cruelty behind it.

"Why do you think his Majesty received the invitation?"

Said one of the people who had been touching his cufflink with a vacant eyes.

"...I don't know your highness" answered the other people.

"Hmm...it's weird"

Alberu Crossman, the one who asked that question; 12 years old, the first crown prince in Roan kingdom with no support from other factions. Its because her mother was a maid in Royal Palace. Many nobles have tried to push him out. However, the King was adamant to make him the first crown prince. Hence why almost other nobles chose to support the second or third prince. Well, mostly the third because his mother is the queen while the other only a concubine.

Unfortunately, the second and third princes were still too young. They are 6 and 3 years old respectively. Whereas Alberu was nearly adolescene make him have bigger chance to be the candidate of successor. But, they still not favor him.

Currently, Alberu was putting on an extravagant outfit. Although, he might be disliked by others but as a crown prince, it is natural for him to have good appearance. He seemed a little bit difficult to approach than usual now. It affected Kora; the right hand man of him then he spoke hesitantly.

"..do you want me to investigate it?"

"No need..you will be in danger"

Of course, doing that in Henituse estate that held a wedding would be an outrageus action. If it found out, the name of first crown prince would be tarnished too. Therefore, they must doing it naturally.

"Just watch every his Majesty movement carefully"

"Alright your highness"

Alberu, on the outside looked just like a bored prince. However, he had been contemplating something in his mind.

'I lack information....no, it's more like there is no information at all !"

Apparently, it's been a long time for the King to personally came to an estate of noble especially for the wedding event. Usually, only the representative would come. Alberu was very perplexed to hear that his Majesty is willing to go to that wedding. It's not even a duke's wedding but only a Count.

Many of nobles assumed that the King had finally move to grasp Henituse down. It is well known that Count Deruth Henituse chose to be neutral rather than make a faction.

However, Alberu know that the King is not someone who will do that only to trivial things. Why? Because Henituse family does not show any hostility toward Royal family and have been doing a good job at protecting Roan kingdom from Forest of Darkness. As long as they do not attack first than Zed Crossman will not bother with it.

Hence, trying to know the reason why he accept the invitation would be impossible. He then divert his focus to Henituse family. Started from Violan. The information that he gathered through Kora was said that she is an intelligent woman and famous in merchant world. There is nothing odd in there.

But,

The two children from the late Countess peaked his interest. Because, there are not information at all.