Going to India

Hardinge Mansion, LONDON

George POV

About 1 week after my victory over the Civil war I receive a letter which has the British Army General Official Seal and my gut feeling says that it contains bad news

To,
LIEUTENANT COLONEL
GEORGE HARDINGE

From,
COMMITTEE OF
PARLIAMENT HOUSE

Due to the weakening of British forces in the west of India, the Committee has decided that it would be best to post you there temporarily as soon as the conditions get better there you will be called back to the capital. You have to report to Lord William in India within 6 months ( in August 1709).

Hope you come back to London with glory.

British Army General

Stamp

(Letter ends)

This is utter bullshit how can they do this to me, no way I'm stepping on that land I have to find out which of those scum minister's idea was this.

I know that with success such as mine you tend to have haters and people jealous of you but who would do this I made sure to have a strong influence in the Parliament House to keep me in the capital then who could dare to do this.

I immediately wore my coat and ordered my horse to be prepared as I wasn't going to sit quietly I must stop this.

The PARLIAMENT, LONDON

As I made my way towards the courtroom the guards stopped me saying that the General will be departing soon to examine the damage regarding the countryside disobedience of the peasants.

"You don't know who you're stopping. I order you to move aside and I'll spare your life you LOWLY GUARD!."

"ENOUGH, WHAT IS ALL THIS COMMOTION IN THE PARLIAMENT?!" This was General Warren's thundering voice which made everyone in the corridor stand straight, no one wanted to face wrath but I was not going to cower back this is simply someone's ploy to send me away from the capital.

To get the chance to form connections with the politicians, royals, and general and stop me from becoming the youngest Major-General, those old-hags sitting in the courtroom will not digest that I was better than them.

"Sir George, can I know your sudden presence in the parliament when you should be preparing for your departure?"

Hearing this everyone in the corridor started murmuring, and I know this news is soon going to spread like a wildfire in London as who dared to become enemies with me,

"My Lord I'm here to discuss the same, as to why I'm being transferred?"

"Well, what's the problem you are the most capable in forming war strategies so it's best if you lead those wars, and besides India is a golden bird go there fill your trunks then come back. Now start preparing you must leave by tomorrow morning ship as it takes 4-5 months to reach India if the waves are not rough. And I hope to hear some good news from you George."

He had a point but I wasn't like those greedy old fat ministers who ran to India the moment they got a chance, I was doing good here

"Yes Sir I understand and I won't let you down but If you don't mind can I know you who suggested you this plan, I must personally thank that person for giving me this opportunity."

"It was your father's thought that his son is capable to resolve such problems with ease. Now I shall take my leave, and I hope the best from you."

"Yes Sir."