Princess in Bombay

Avantika's POV

George told me that today he'll meet the king, ministers, and officials to know whether the transfer of taxes and goods is taking place peacefully. To think that my father, brothers, and ministers who raised me will see me dressed in servant clothes with my hands tied and walking after an enemy as his war prize.

These thoughts feel like a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard for me to breathe. Soon we reached the palace gates and it was opened. All those memories around here were making me shudder but it all went away when he whispered

"You behave or face the consequences. Understand."

To this, I simply nodded to him before he got down the horse and brought me down. As we walked toward the courtroom I held my head high and made my posture straight as my mother taught me.

No matter if my hands are tied or what I wear. I'm still a Princess.

The guards announced George's entry into the court and we entered the court with him. But the cold unmoving gaze of everyone including Pita Ji, Uday bhaisa, Jaswant bhaisa, and Veer bhaisa felt like needles pricking every inch of my skin making me drop my gaze down to the floor.

Is it for me or that bastard? Do they hate me?

Pita Ji sat down on his throne and spoke" Don't you Firangi's know women are not brought to the court unless it's a big matter that requires the kings' attention?"

Everyone in the room started to murmur except my brothers but what broke my heart was that no one even spared a single glance toward me to look into my eyes. Because if they have looked they would have known the misery I went through.

" Ohh my apologies but she is my special servant that I need. We can neglect her presence and discuss the matters at hand what do you say?"

I didn't care whatever he spoke and kept looking at Veer bhaisa surely he would understand. But he didn't, tears started to well up in my eyes almost on the verge to fall.

" If she is a servant then she must stand on the corners of this room like every other servant no matter how special she is."

I felt like throwing up every time Pita Ji called me a servant and didn't even glance at me.

"As you wish." Pita Ji clapped two times and a guard grabbed me and took me behind the curtains to the corner of the room and soon everyone started discussing.

But I couldn't pay attention to any word the hard look on Pita Ji's and all Bhaisa's faces kept flashing in front of my eyes, and the way Pita Ji called me a servant instead of meri pyari beti { my lovely daughter} tore me apart. I felt helpless and I wept in the corner.

Evening

I was still there in the same corners as time went by and soon it was time to go. The guard came to take me back to him who ruined everything but my heart wasn't ready to accept that Pita Ji would act this way toward me.

I broke out from the hold of the guard and ran towards where Pitaji and Bhaisa sat, tears rolling down my eyes.

" WHY PITA JI?"

But he didn't move his gaze everyone in the court turned silent and started to leave I fell to my knees crying.

"Why must you act as if I'm dead to you or that I do not exist?"

He kept quiet.

"Why don't you even look at me?"

He didn't speak

"Did I commit a CRIME OR TREASON?"

He stayed silent and I know he wouldn't speak to me his principles and morals come first and foremost before anyone.

The guards grabbed my arm and I willingly stood up and moved towards the gates where George waiting for me.

But the loud voice of Pita Ji echoed in the room " You are a shame in the name of Rajput." Everyone's eyes widened in shock but he continued," A Rajput woman would rather sacrifice her life to save her honor than warm her enemy's bed every night."

My eyes widened upon his false accusation and the last bit of my heart broke apart.

"You think you saved Panikkar and did a huge favor on us but you stained the name of Rajput."

" Pita-"

"Don't dare to think you have a family anymore and never show your ominous face in this kingdom ever again."

My breathing stopped and I looked to my brothers, do they think the same??

But I know they will always follow Pita Ji's orders and everyone else will also do the same. I moved toward George feeling defeated, broken, and lost.

Night, George's POV

Today's venture was a great move in coming one step closer to crushing her. I soon started to write a report on today's work in Panikkar when there is a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opens and enters a servant with my tea but then I hear another pair of steps. I look up to see who it is. Well, it is my special servant. Without paying her much attention I continue to finish my report when I hear the door close but I still feel her presence and then I without looking at her I say

"State your business or leave."

To which she takes a deep breath and says

" I take your offer but I have one condition."

Well, this doesn't surprise me knowing very well she had to accept it, almost making me chuckle. It seems my day is going to get more interesting.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There you go, guys!!

Things are going to get tricky

Also, I almost forgot about this book existence.