Gowns & Balls

Avantika's POV

Lifeless. That's how I felt the movement I took his offer and saw that victorious smirk on his face. I don't regret my decision since it was for Panikkar. But I couldn't sleep, as the events of the day kept repeating in my head and words uttered by Pitaji continued to pierce my heart. The only thing that kept me going was my condition "my loyalty will not be for the British throne but for you." hearing this he furrowed in confusion but then without any question agreed and I left.

And here I am sitting on a horse cart filled with a few servants, injured soldiers, and luggage. But there is one thing I know that this place we all are moving towards is these British people's headquarters from there they take their orders and report their actions.

30th November 1709

Bombay

This is unlike anything I have ever seen. Nothing is peaceful or settled here making me feel sick. I hated how people of my color were treated and these invader's found absolute pleasure in doing so. But certain snakes chose to join hands, break bread with their enemies, and don't feel any shame. But I am no different than them or maybe they were also compelled but seeing them flaunting their luxuries infuriates me nevertheless.

We reached some palace which seemed absolute wonder in name of architecture but before I could peak any further that bastard came and told everyone to start moving towards some other destination, while he walked inside that palace were the guards saluted him at the gate, wondering what position he holds in this system.

We reached something called "The master's resident" which looked decent. The door of the carriage was opened but as I started to get off my hand was roughly grabbed and I stumbled on a person who then placed their hand on my exposed waist, pulling my body completely to theirs and roaming their filthy hands on my body.

It shocked me that my body completely froze and my brain couldn't work for a second. But anger, disgust, and hate made my body shake and I mustered my strength and pushed this man off me. Seeing another British man smirking at me and looking up and down my body with lust.

I instantly pulled my dagger out of my skirt and slashed his left forearm open making him scream but he was too slow to catch my next move as I grabbed his right hand, kept it on the surface of the carriage and stabbed it with all my anger. Seeing his eyes widen and his body shakes with fear satisfied me but thinking that he must have done this with some other servant girl. All I wanted was to end him, but the guards came and pulled me away from him.

They took me inside and locked me in a room. All this time all I could do was smile.

East India Company

George's POV

Well this venture was fruitful and enjoyable in many ways. I soon reach Lord William's study to handle my reports and arrival. I knocked on the door and was allowed to enter.

"Lord William, Sir George Hardinge reporting."

"Ahh, Sir George welcome please have a seat I heard a great deal about your victory over Pannikar. But I'd like to hear it from you over some drinks."

"Sure, Sir."

"Ohh, you are allowed to drop these formalities."

"But-"

"Oh, common young lad get a break and loosen up."

"Sure"

He gets up from his study and moves towards the lounge. Soon we settle down and servants start to serve us drinks.

"You really are a war hero with the cleverest mind. You would definitely be a great help for the company to conquer other parts of this damned land."

"I'm glad to hear that-"

knock knock

"WHO IS IT?"

"Sir it is Sergent Vincent asking for an audience."

But Vincent was supposed to be at my residence looking over all adjustments.

"Let him in."

Vincent came inside looking angry then I noticed both his hands coated in blood.

"Vincent, what happened?"

"Lord William, I was attacked by one of Sir George's servants, as I was looking over all the adjustments at his residence. I ask for that servant to be punished for her crimes."

Something tells me that I know who this servant is.

"What attack on our men? Sir George, do you know this servant of yours?"

I hope it is not the one I think it is.

"What did she look like Vincent?"

"She had long brown hairs, black eyes, caramel skin, height slightly lower than me, an exceptional beauty, and had a mole under her right ear but even though she was dressed in servant clothes she didn't look like one and she was extremely skilled with her dagger."

oh fuck, all I ever wanted was to keep her identity hidden from these eagle eyes but she couldn't just keep her temper low for a second.

"Could she be an assassin sent in disguise to execute Sir George? If so she must be captured as soon as possible and executed I will-"

This is escalating to a faster disaster than I thought, I need to take this situation under my control before it escalates any further.

"NO." The 2 men's stared at me at my sudden outburst

"The servant we are talking about is my special servant, she could sometimes get out of hand, I would look into her proper training personally and she will be punished for her actions accordingly. So you don't need to worry about her further harming anyone." Hearing to this Lord William grows curious.

"Special servant, you say?"

"Yes."

"And Vincent said she is an exceptional beauty. Is that true?"

"I believe so."

"And is she trained to wield weapons?" I can't let him know she was fighting against us during the war and have almost defeated me. But I have to say something as to why she is trained in the first place.

"The basics, so she can protect me if danger ever falls unannounced." To this, his eyes again spark in curiosity.

"Hmm, and you trust her to protect you?" I have to state something solid so he believes me

"She has pledged her loyalty to me as I have saved her."

"Hmm, then I'll like to meet her."

"She is just a servant. And as I have told you she is not trained in proper etiquette"

"It's an order George, how about you bring her to The Annual Ball? That much time should be fine with you right?"

"Yes Sir."

"Good."

But Vincent wasn't ready to get this off so easily.

"But Sir what about-"

"Shut up, Vincent, and go get yourself stitched up; you should be ashamed of yourself to get beaten up by a girl."

To this, his head bows down and leaves the room, but one thing makes me wonder why she did this. Well, I'll be getting my answers soon. And I have to get my princess ready for a ball or I suppose hell.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have a question

what about this story do you like????

Thanks for reading :)