Her Debut ??

George's POV

I rush back to my manor as fast as I can. The fear of endless things that can go wrong starts to creep into my mind. These leeches latch onto them when they see something new until nothing is left. And let's not forget that bringing her will lead to a whole other disaster than what she did today.

I dismount the horse and walk inside the manor. The butler quickly follows me

"Where is she?"

"I locked her in your study, Sir."

"Hand me the keys."

"Yes, Sir."

I snatch the keys from his hands and stride toward the study, I pause before entering the room reminding myself to stay collected. But for a second I forgot the reason I came, as the view in front of me left me astounding. She was sleeping near the window, the light of sunset was falling on her face, and the wind made the loose strands of her hair caress her cheeks softly, she looked unreal.

I turned around to shut the door when she suddenly woke up and realized my presence in the room. She quickly covered her face partly with the veil and stood awkwardly with her hands clasped in front of her.

I poured myself a glass of wine and sat on my chair, taking a sip of wine I asked her

"What made you think you can harm a Britisher without getting your arms ripped from your body?"

Her hands balled into fists as she moved forward and said " You should've questioned him because I will not explain my doing cause he deserved it."

I chuckled and placed my glass aside " Well now you'll have to pay for the consequence of your actions."

" I refuse." I start to tower over her and whisper

"Then you should've kept your knife in its sheath."

"Bu-"

"Not a single word! And from this moment forward you'll do whatever I say without any objection."

'NO."

"If you object then my superiors whose attention you've caught will drag you from here and men out there will lust after you and rip you into pieces like animals."

I see the conflict through her eyes, as she starts to measure which way is better also the turmoil of whom to trust. She takes a deep breath nods and whispers a low 'ok' before turning around to leave.

I sit back in my chair and call for my butler. Shortly I heard a knock

"Come in."

"Sir you called for me?"

"Yes, I want you to call the best seamstress in the town, a dance instructor, and an etiquette instructor by tomorrow."

"Yes sir I'll write to them right away. Anything else sir."

" No. You can leave."

He bows and leaves. The coming days are going to be eventful.