Her Golden cage

18th November 1709

Avantika's POV

As I was moving towards the dining hall I don't know what to expect from this man one moment he is slashing my back like an animal and then taking care of me but one thing is for sure all the white men's are sly foxes I better be wary of my moves.

As soon as I enter the dining room I notice it's empty and the table is filled with dishes I hope they have something vegetarian because all this time Gauri has brought her homemade food to me reminding me of my time with my family.

Remembering how this bastard treated my family compelled my Pitaji to give up on his pride and humiliated him I can never wash away the look Pitaji's face had when he was forced to decide between me and the kingdom.

I wonder how everyone in Panikkar is doing if Pranav still practicing archery, how close has Shristi bhabhi's come to her delivery, will I be able to ever see them, how long will this go before I kill him or he kills me? the thought always fills me with rage.

After sitting on the chair as I was requested to by the servant and asked to wait for him after which the dinner will start.

What sort of manner is this by making me wait for HIM to eat, and does he expect me to follow these as if he holds some sort of authority I'm a Rajput and I will not give in so easily just because I accepted the offer to come and dine with that bastard.

I ordered the servant to bring me food to which they shared glances at each other and hesitated to which I assured them if anyone asks them just blame that I was growing extremely hungry and that I don't wait for anyone.

Well, surprisingly they served me all the things that should be there in a proper royal thali making my stomach grumble at the smell. But what could be the meaning behind this showing me that he ordered the servants to prepare these, especially for me so I should be thankful to him or what??

As if hearing my thoughts he enters the room "Please start your dinner so we could talk later and you don't need to be thankful to me for this."

"Who said I was going to?"

But he stays silent and doesn't even look at me, and then his food is served to him which was the meat I quickly looked away thankful we sat far away from each other so the smell doesn't reach me. Then we both start eating our food as I wanted this to end soon.

After completing my food and washing my hands in a water bowl I looked straight toward him noticing that he was observing me with a scowl.

"What is it that you want to talk bout?"

"I'm here to have a civilized conversation with you which I believe we haven't had since we arrived here."

"Civilised and you people huh ?"

"Oh, I forgot people of this land don't understand things such as etiquettes, mannerisms, and hygiene."

I slam my palm on the table and stand up from my chair"Don't you dare shame, my people, if anything it's your people who think its right to invade other people's land and cause war, slavery, loot and apply high taxes when you don't even BELONG HERE!!"

He stays calm and listens to everything "My government could do anything they wish and well even if you shout as much as you want that we don't belong here it still doesn't matter to anyone so sit down and listen properly."

"I'm here to make a deal with you I will reduce the taxes of Panikkar and provide you the freedom to move around here and do your practices or whatever in exchange for your loyalty towards the British throne and to not kill or conspire against us."

Hearing this my blood starts to boil wishing to have his blood in my hand but I need to think about what is his motives behind this deal. And there is no way I'll be giving him control and power over me.

I simply stud up and started to walk out of the dining room but the guards close the doors and this makes me lose my patience " WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS OPEN THE DOORS "

" You are not allowed to leave without an answer?"

"And what if I don't want to."

He just stares at me with no emotions and raises his eyebrows as if mocking me that I don't hold any power here and I'm bound to his orders. He then rises from his chair and walks toward me

"You realize that you have no other option than to agree."

"I'll not pledge my loyalty to the British foxes ever." hearing this he nods his head

" Very well then you may leave."

The gates open and I swiftly turn around and walk to my chamber.

21th November 1709

As I look at the sun rising and chilled air blowing through the windows I wonder how is my kingdom doing after the war and if the tax implementation by the British company caused problems I don't even know how much tax is implemented and it is starting to worry me.

Gauri enters the room and starts to open the curtains "Princess get ready fast we don't have much time."

"Get ready for what?"

"Ohh did the lord say nothing that he'll be going to Panikkar for inspecting the conditions and that you will accompany him "

"What?"

"Yes, I have come to ready you and pack some clothes for the journey."

I know what he is planning for this journey but more than that I'm relieved to watch the condition of Panikkar through my eyes so quickly move to get ready.

As I move towards the entrance where everyone is standing I was stopped by some guards

" Saheb has ordered us to tie your hands for the journey."

" And for whatever reason, your Saheb thinks to tie my hands tell him that I refuse."

But as I argue with them a deep voice orders from behind " You better not create another scene and cooperate with my orders if you want to see your lovely kingdom."

His voice causes me to clench my fist as I weigh my options of seeing Panikkar's condition by letting him walk me around like cattle for everyone in Panikkar to see their princess's condition or stay behind without the knowledge of what's happening there.

Taking a deep breath I raise my hands signaling the guards to do what they were told.

After binding my hands to the front, I'm taken toward a horse and made to sit on it with the horse reign tied to another soldier's horse.

Soon the journey starts and I grab the saddle of the horse after-hours of traveling in the chilled weather we reach the huge entrance gate of Panikkar by dusk which was now guarded by guards wearing British uniform.

As the gates slowly start to open I wished I stayed back in Rani Mahal.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////