No one sees her Pain

Avantika's POV

The condition of this place has deteriorated than the mightly Panikkar I left. How long has it been since I left?

Even though it's almost night the once brightly lit streets and markets of Panikkar have now been swept away with sadness there are British soldiers stationed around Panikkar and it feels like the entire kingdom is mourning.

The hustle, and bustle in the streets are gone there are very few shops open and this feels like someone is plunging a dagger into my heart.

I slowly take a shaky breath as we start to move I wonder where we will be staying.

But soon my question is answered as we enter the Rang Mahal which is built separately from the Palace to accommodate guests.

Hope rises in my heart that I will be able to see my family and assure myself that they are doing well. Soon I'm taken down from the horse and dragged to the entrance where that bastard was standing.

"I hope you enjoyed your journey servant."

"YOU BAS-"

"Whatever I don't care, well I'm tired I'll talk to you tomorrow."

How dare that scum call me servant I'm not his se- but he took me as his war prize what does that make me then? No there is no way I'll let my pride down even though he took me as a war prize, I'll teach him a lesson.

A female attendant comes to me and takes me to my chamber whereas everyone moved towards the dining hall for their meals, what about me? but I stop myself from questioning the women.

I'm taken to a room at the far end of the palace which is used for the storage of artifacts the woman takes out a key and opens the room lit by one lamp and surrounded by dusty carpets, mattresses, cushions, tables, pots, paintings, well what did I expect from him.

As I look around the room the woman starts to leave " Hey wait are you not going to untie my hands or proved me some water to drink at least?"

"I'm sorry but I was only told to bring you to this room I can't do anything for you until the Saheb orders me."

" Alright, you can leave."

She bows and quickly turns around, closes the room door, and locks it and then I hear her leave. Knowing that I can't ask for better treatment. So I sit down and hope that he would not lock me up here throughout his inspection in Panikkar.

George's POV

After dinner when I reach my chamber my thoughts went to the princess and how is she. I quickly moved towards her room as I reached her room I slowly unlocked it with the key that servant gave me.

I slowly open the door and realise the room is not even lit properly and I couldn't find her after looking around the room for a while I noticed her sleeping in a corner with her hands tied together and head placed on a bed covered in dust and webs.

I slowly moved closer to her realizing how suffocating it is to even breathe in this room. how is she able to sleep here?

Taking the lamp in my left hand I moved near her noticing how some of the dust is on her face and hair, how uncomfortably she is sleeping on this cold night, and how tightly the ropes are tied to her wrists that the skin has  peeled off and how exhausted she is looking.

Why am I feeling this pang of pain in my chest at her condition what is it? is this Guilt? and why do I want to embrace, take her to a better room, and clean her wounds, my resolution to break her pride breaking down Am I growing...... soft? But for what reason..... her threatening to kill me? the hate for me in her eyes?

I should stick to the plan I have for which I have brought her here instead of these ridiculous things.

22th November 1709

Morning, Avantika's POV

I slowly open my eyes as the sun rays enter the room from the small hole in the window, and then my body starts to ache from my back to shoulders to neck. But I'm lying on a clean mat and covered with a woolen blanket from shoulder down, wait who brought me these last night, just how much dead asleep was I that I didn't sense someone came inside this room and who loosened the rope around my hands?

After trying to get up with the help of my tied hands and failing the doors opened bringing in bright sunlight into this room causing me to instantly close my eyes but I quickly blinked my eyes to see who came in, realizing its the same woman I asked: " Did you bring me this mat and blanket last night and laid me down?"

"No, I didn't miss."

"Then who ?"

"Miss after bringing you to this room I gave the keys to Saheb other than that I don't know anything."

"Ok now, what are you here for?"

"I'm here to take you to your other room."

"Why?"

"The Saheb ordered you to be placed in another room and get you freshened up for breakfast."

Why would he want that wasn't he the one you put me here in the first place?

The maid approaches me and helps me to stand but as soon as she leaves my shoulder my legs start to wobble my vision gets blurry and my head starts to get blank for a second before she grabs me and prevents me from falling again.

"Miss hang on a second !"

She quickly makes me sit and run out of the room. Soon she returns with a jar and a glass of water.

"Here have some water." She brings the glass to my parched lips and I greedy gulp the water realizing just how thirsty I am. Then she pours water into her hand and splashes it on my face.

"Are you alright now Miss."

"Yes I'm fine, just take me to the other room."

" Yes, Miss."

And then she takes me to a different room which was made for the servants the guest will bring with them. I scoff at how nice that bastard is.

At the Gates of Rang Mahal

After getting bathed, dressed and feed I was brought to the front gate with my hands tied were everyone was ready to go but where? Soon that bastard came and started barking orders to others but he stared at me the whole time making it hard for me to act unbothered and not wish to carve his eyes out.

As everyone started to mount their horses and leave except him it made me wonder did he bring me here to beg him to take me with him or if it was some way of mocking my desperate need to see Panikkar's condition.

But I continued to look forward whereas he stood to my right watching my reaction as the last soldier also left.

" Are planning to become a statue slave?"

I took a deep breath " I think you brought me here to do that only."

"It's good to see that you are in good mood today. Now come here today I'll be taking you around as your guide to your lovely kingdom. You wouldn't want to miss it."

Without replying to his remarks I moved towards him looking into his eyes while he smirked at me. But suddenly he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer "You better keep your mouth shut today."

"What if I don't?" Hearing this he glared at me and squeezed my waist painfully

"Try me then." There was a different craziness in his eyes as if he is looking for a reason to punish me. I kept silent as he lifted me and made me sit on the horse and quickly sat behind me taking hold of the reins and taking off.

But where we were going I wasn't ready to face it today or ever.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////