Hellhole

Avantika's POV

It is one of those moments in my life where even though I'm curious about what's going on but I'm also reluctant to try it and that's what happening with me right now but the difference is my disinterest doesn't matter to anyone here.

I'm made to do all these weird etiquettes, dancing, dressing, and elegant walking even though my disgust is clearly on display towards these foreign traditions the worst part is all these people training me are equally scared and have no other option.

Also, I can overlook all their etiquette but goodness their clothing is utterly inappropriate, suffocating, and hard to move around forget about doing chores in them I remember when those weird women pulled out something called undergarments and made me wear it.

Then when they pulled the strings of the thing called a corset saying me to suck my stomach in and the way it uncomfortably pushed my breasts out and made it hard for me to breathe in made me want to tear this off me but on my complaint the scolded me saying a lady must accentuate her assets, and this is what I must do.

All because I'm going to attend a ball alongside that bastard and I should uphold myself as the most refined lady there for my own sake.

And every evening that bastard himself comes to see my improvement just from the corner he watches me take dance lessons, and speech lessons, and how to walk in those ridiculous gowns wearing corsets underneath them while holding a gentle smile.

And to show him that not one to look down upon I do the best I can.

George's POV

All I'm feeling is nervousness in my chest as each day goes by. All I know is if she is revealed to the British society they will love to sink their vile fangs into her pure soul and see her crumble. These old nobles search for petty games in their lives, and discovering a new face means the game has begun.

How can I stop this from happening? I think about it every day I wake to the time I go to sleep.

Although Avantika is doing great each day with all the classes, something about her is so alluring that I know deep down she will become the center of attraction the moment she steps inside the ballroom.

Let's see how everything goes.

31st DECEMBER 1709

As I get ready in my velvet suit and a blue brooch similar to the color of Avantika's gown, I wear my gloves at last and move towards the main entrance near the carriage waiting for her arrival I see her moving to the entrance keep her head high with pride her posture clean as always and her walk elegant.

All of this is overshadowed by how much of an .....angel no no no she looks like a goddess yes a goddess she looks like a goddess of power. I suppress the feeling of pride on seeing her and offer her my hand

"My lady, allow me to be your escort for tonight's ball." to this she places her hand in mine and courtesies

"It'll be my honor, my lord " the way she sounds so posh saying these words, no one can say she learned all of this in 1 month. She moves her hand and places them on the inside of my elbow as walk we towards the carriage.

At last departing for the hellhole.

Avantika's POV

The amount of itch I was feeling to take this garment off I can't deny the dress is beautiful and luxurious also I don't know what the maids applied to my face but I look different also these jewelries are designed with so much detailing and you can see the craftsmanship behind all of this which I can't help but keep on admiring through this evening.

The carriage ride was unbearable as that bastard kept glancing at me time and again without adding any snide remark of his.

Soon we reach the destination and it just surprised me with how beautifully decorated it was with all the flowers to lighting and the soft music being played as people dance. It felt so foreign and I'll be surrounded by devils who slaved my people and I felt like a fool admiring such a façade.

Then I remembered the slum area we crossed before reaching here how people and children were covered in dirt and tattered clothes begging for food while I sit here dressed up like a doll going to be presented as a trophy tied down.

To think I'm letting him puppet me just because I pledged my loyalty to him

'you are a stain in the name of Rajput'

Suddenly my feet start to turn cold and a cold sweat travels down my back

'now everyone will want to touch and violate you '

you are the PREY

RUN

The carriage comes to a halt, and the door opens I'm asked to come out an annoyed expression forms on his face as he says something.

Suddenly his hands grab my shoulders and gently shake me, making me gasp in realization as I swiftly get down the carriage trying to compose myself.

All I can hope is for this night to end soon.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

sorry guys for the delay

I'll try to update often but no promises

byee