Ending OR Beginning

Avantika's POV

The looks I received from the maids as I ascended the carriage that night still angers me, but only my servant Gauri came front covered me with her shawl, and took me to my chamber as I entered my chamber and heard the doors close.

That's when I allowed myself the luxury of weeping on my helplessness in all these situations that have been taking place since I stepped foot here. Tonight what happened in that library made me want to tear off my skin as disgust filled me and became a lump in my throat as I cried and Gauri held me through this all.

After exhaustion took over me she took me over to the bed and told me to stay awake. She came back with a plate containing chawal(rice), dal(pulses), saag, sabji and achaar. The other servants came inside with a tub and started filling it with warm water. Gauri came to me and said " I seemed like you hadn't eaten anything so in a hurry I bought the food that we servants were having I hope you don't mind my lady otherwise I can throw thi...." before she started to ramble I grabbed her hand and gave her a nod.

She quieted down and started to feed me with her hand. She noticed my drowsiness and quickly started to remove my gown, the suffocating corset, and the innerwear. I stepped inside the warm water-filled tub Gauri started to slowly massage my head, shoulders, back, and arms I closed my eyes as relaxation started to take over. Later on, everything seemed a blur and all I knew was that I woke up in my bed with birds chirping the sunlight entering my room, and the heaviness from yesterday still present on my chest.

George's POV

It seems to me that sleep and I are in a disagreement lately as I don't get any proper sleep lately might be because of a tigress that I have in my manor that has been causing chaos in the town and I am to clean all the mess. No seriously never in my life have done this much for a woman but strangely I don't feel wrong in doing all this.

What needs to be done now is to prove that she is no spy sent by the rebels without uncovering that I got her as a war prize because according to the company rules humans and livestock obtained from war become the company property.

I need to show that she is a respectable lady from a noble family who doesn't harbor any ill fate of the company or Great Britain and also that she and I are .lovers. That's the suggestion I received from my friend who also looks after the company's legal work.

How am I to find her some fake parents who are noble and have an allegiance with the company plus she isn't going pretend to be my lover she would rather rip her tongue out and before the company men could arrest her she'll kill everyone or kill herself that's how she is.

Should I go and talk to her now about how big of trouble she is in, I have already sent a nurse to her chamber to look after her health and wounds. The nurse told me she was sound asleep and even a gunshot couldn't wake her up, her shoulder had turned blue, her left lower rib also seemed to be slightly bruised and she'd heal in a week but they couldn't tell how was her mental state.

I don't know seeing my face might anger her even more. I'll ask for her during supper time maybe by then she might be okay for a talk. Maybe by that time, I should start looking for more solutions to this problem.

Evening

All the answers I'm getting are making my head throb even more. To keep her under my protection I must MARRY HER as the company doesn't interfere with scarred marriage

good wait what do you mean by but the couple must perform their duties as a man and wife, if the marriage doesn't meet the said expectations or looks suspicious the church can annul the marriage and the officer will be given a demotion whereas the lady will be investigated by the company. God, they really have to make a law like this.

I must talk to her about the company at this moment it's like an angry animal that's going to finish off anything that threatens its territory if she looked a slightly bit more suspicious she might end up getting tortured in ways she can't imagine and I will be stripped of my rank .....um let's not go there for now.

I send one of my servants to ask for her to join me for supper. I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I haven't left my study since the morning and I look horrendous with my hair messed up, I'm still in my night robe, and shadow circling my eyes I make a quick run for a bath.

Avantika's POV

That man asked me to join him for dinner and it didn't seem like a request that I could refuse. Knowing the weight of the matter at hand he must have something to say maybe he'll say I'll hand you over to the company or I don't know what to expect yesterday he defended me in front of everyone but I doubt his motive towards me.

I get ready to leave my chambers and head toward the dining room.

The sooner all of this is over the better.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////