Season 4, Chapter 12: Memories of the Future

There was a sudden silence, a moment of regret, shock, anger, and negative feelings which came after Gabi Braun shot the rifle. Zeke Yeager could only watch as his younger brother's head flew into the air and fell into the palm of his hand.

Y/N L/N reached out for Eren's head but was unable to, as suddenly the pure titan before known as Falco Grice, tackled his leg on Zeke's order.

Gabi had fallen backward from the recoil and hit her head on the white platform of the War Hammer's creation.

Jean and Conny had shot Thunder Spears at the Armored Titan, who began to stand up after Falco had left him behind for the other.

Then, the silence ended for Eren Yeager. He looked up to see a white silhouette of a tree branch extend in a forever gaze.

He stood up to see that he was mildly coated in sand, and he looked to his right to see his brother there, enchained and bearded further than he already was.

"Eren..." Zeke called out as he raised his head.

"How long was I out?" Eren asked. "What happened?"

"To be honest, I felt like I was staring at your unconscious body for an eternity," Zeke said, his voice growing raspy and frail. "First, I saw your head blasted off, then I came here when your head fell on my palm."

Eren continued to look at his brother, a bit shocked at the news of having his head removed from its shoulders and the thought of waiting for eternity in a pit of sand, with only a tree alongside you.

"And yet...it felt like an instant," Zeke explained. "All the eternity happened in a flash. Time doesn't work the same here, Eren."

Eren then turned to hear faraway footsteps. A girl had emerged from the glowing, humongous tree, and was walking with a pale of sand. She had no pupils and looked dead.

"Who is that?"

"Our founder Ymir," Zeke said. "She had coated my entire body in the sand this whole time. I think she's back for more."

Ymir Fritz tugged on the pail she held in her right arm. Her mouth only gaped open as she continued to stroll over to Zeke.

"I think...if you can get her to listen to you, you'll understand the Founder's power." Zeke said.

"Hey, you," Eren called.

She didn't answer.

"Hey, Ymir."

She still walked, her goal in mind.

"Hey!"

She had already ignored Eren and wandered past him. She then kneeled to the enchained Zeke and patted sand from the pail onto him.

"I see." Zeke realized the situation, but Eren interrupted him. "Eren, I think she-!"

"Enough, Zeke. I'm not going to carry out your plan." Eren said, thinking ahead of Zeke's thoughts.

"But...what?" Zeke was confused. "How-? Why Eren? We went so far as to do this! Why?! Why?!"

"Your plan is sick," Eren said. "I'm going to do something else with the Founder."

Zeke then sobbed silently, as Ymir Fritz suddenly raised her head at the last of the royal bloodline.

Then, chains began to wrap around Eren's arms and legs, Eren tried to struggle as he grunted against the chains, but it was futile.

The chains pushed him onto his knees and suddenly Zeke's chains had slowly dissipated into nothing.

"You fool, Eren." Zeke then stood up. "I am in control."