Season 4, Chapter 15: Resolves

"Why are we here, Mr. Connie?" Falco asked, as he looked at Connie's mother, who still was stuck in the same position and slowly growled in her Titan form.

"It seems weird for me to ask you this...but can you help me brush her teeth?" Conny asked, holding a brush.

"O-Ok..."

"Falco!"

Falco turned to see Gabi and Armin riding their respective horses at full speeds towards him and Conny. Conny immediately leaped for Falco, keeping him in a chokehold as he began to climb up the ladder nearby.

"Stay away!" Conny spat, holding a blade near Falco's neck as he headed up. "I'll kill him!"

Armin immediately acted, using his ODM gear to land on the wooden beam connecting the two ladders, the one on the right was where Conny held Falco hostage.

"Hey! I said: stay away!" Conny yelled.

But Armin wasn't thinking about Falco and Conny, he was looking down on the Titan below them. Conny realized this and let out a gasp.

"You wouldn't—!"

"Shut up, Conny!" Armin blurted out. "I'm prepared to do anything...no matter the cost!"

After that, Armin let himself fall, shocking everyone. Conny instinctively let go of Falco and leaped to save Armin, as both soldiers crashed onto the floor below.
__________________________________

"Commander Magath...your orders?"

Inside the Cart Titan, Pieck could only watch as a shocked Magath only looked on at the Colossal Titans headed out to destroy the world.

The Cart Titan looked back up towards the Marley airships, which seemed to be headed back home.

"They're making the right call." Pieck said. "They're headed back home."

"There's no way to stop this." Magath replied.

"We believe there is still a chance."

Pieck panicked and immediately leaped towards the intruder, opening her mouth to devour Hange, who only raised her arms. Suddenly, a partial transformation occurred and a white Titan arm got in the way as Pieck only bit onto the limb.

"We are unarmed." Y/N said, detaching himself from the partial Titan transformation, and pointing to a cart, where Levi Ackerman was completely covered in bandages, badly injured.
__________________________________

Earlier...

"Commander Hange! Captain Levi!" Y/N saw the two next to a campfire.

"We barely made it..." Hange groaned.

"I thought you two were dead..." Y/N said. "When Zeke came to Shinganshina, I—"

"There's no time for that now." Hange said. "We should find the Cart Titan and that other commander. Those two may be able to help us stop Eren."
__________________________________

"What was your backup plan?" Conny asked.

Now, Conny and Armin sat on a hill, now nearing sunset. Armin raised his head, looking at Conny who only looked to the floor, disappointed in himself.

"Your mother would've become human." Armin stated.

"Damnit." Conny began. "My mother wouldn't have been happy being a Titan shifter. What the hell was I even thinking, sacrificing a kid?"

"We should go get some food." Armin said, standing up. "All of us are exhausted."
__________________________________

"For betraying the Eldian Empire, I shall now execute Onyankopon and Yelena for their traitorous actions against us!"

Floch, on top of a fort, announced the execution of both Yelena and Onyankopon, who were both masked away from the crowd of Yeagerists present.

"Do you have any last words, Yelena?!" Flock points a gun at Yelena's head.

Yelena stayed silent and Floch retreated his weapon.

"Fine then. We'll come back to you later."

Floch pointed the weapon at Onyankopon.

"I-I never knew about this euthanization plan..." Onyankopon began. "I only wanted to help the Eldians...and this is what I get...?"

"We'll give you one more chance." Floch said. "If you submit yourself to the Yeagerists, we will spare you!"

"Fuck you!" Onyankopon spat. "Thanks to you Yeagerists, my family is dead! My homeland destroyed! Fuck you! Only for you damn Eldians to stay alive?!"

"Jean!" Onyankopon turned to him. "Please agree with me! This whole massacre is insane! Please!"

Jean looked at him coldly. He then took his weapon and shot at Onyankopon three times, shocking everyone present, until they realized only three markings of bullet on the floor.

"Shit." Jean said. "I missed."

Suddenly, the Cart Titan appeared, opening her mouth to devour Floch, which made Jean instinctively push him out of the way.

The War Hammer Titan appeared as well, slamming its huge war hammer on the Yeagerists nearby, who screamed for their lives before being slaughtered.

The Cart Titan shut her mouth, trapping Onyankopon, Yelena, and Jean. Pieck left the scene quickly as Yeagerists began to get on Anti Titan cannons placed around the fort, but Y/N acted quickly, destroying them and the cannons as well.

"You're not saving the world...we are!" Y/N thought.

End of Chapter