Season 4, Chapter 14: Barricades

"Everyone, line up! We'll nail them with Thunder Spears!" Jean barked at the new cadets as all were surrounded by lingering Titans groping the walls of the headquarters.

"Commander Pyxis..." Armin looked down at the face of the Garrison commander.

Instead of taking the Thunder Spears, Y/N armed himself with blades, waiting for Jean's signal.

"Alright!!! Go!!!" Jean and the others launched Thunder Spears at the napes, blasting them apart.

Elsewhere, Armin lunged over Pyxis' arm and aimed the Thunder Spear for the neck.

"Everything...everything we've done up to now has been thanks to you." Armin fired the Thunder Spear, causing an explosion. "Thank you, Commander Pyxis."

Y/N began to slice the napes of the Titans quickly, coursing beautifully with ODM gear. He remembered Utgard Castle, and he gritted his teeth doing so.

"I won't let anyone die. No matter what. I want them to live proper deaths." Y/N thought. "Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Conny, and everyone. I don't want you to die in vain. I've always thought this way."

"Back then..." Y/N thought, looking down. A Titan reached for his body, but he quickly cut down the hand, coursing through its fingers, slicing through and slit through the nape, still looking to the floor. "I was weak. I wasn't able to save them. Many people have died...and I couldn't do anything. So..."

Y/N faced four more titans, as they all hungrily looked at him, extending their arms. Y/N crossed his blades in an 'X' pattern, the blades past the shoulders.

Y/N ran through the blade, as it sliced through the hands of two extended arms of a Titan, the upper four fingers flying off.

"I am a failure. But...I won't let that interfere with anyone's lives!"
__________________________________

"Thanks, Mr. Conny," said Falco. "It's really nice of you to take me so far here."

"Yeah." replied Conny. "I just feel like I need to atone...for your injuries. It's really my fault you're bruised right now."

"By the way, how come this hospital you speak of is so far from Shinganshina?" Falco asked.

"It isn't." Conny said. "I just have to make a quick stop at a village, then we can go to the hospital."

"Oh...ok."
__________________________________

"Wait a minute..."

After all of the Titans have been killed, the group only watched as the rest of the Colossal Titans marched off, just behind the Founding Titan.

"Eren got rid of the walls...right?" Y/N asked to Armin.

"Um...right?" Armin was confused about where this was going.

"So that means that he has to get rid of the hardening on the walls...right?"

"...Right—?" Armin began, before it finally clicked. "Holy crap! That means—!"

"Annie." Y/N stated. "She's awake."

Armin brushed the hair off of his face, taking in the realization, putting his palm to his forehead.

"I need to find Hitch." Armin said. "But before that, we have to go after Conny."

"Saving Falco is a top priority." Y/N replied. "Besides, Gabi wouldn't be happy if her precious Falco died..."
__________________________________

"...! Hah...! hah...! hah...!" Annie was collapsed on the wooden floor, crystalized pieces of Titan hardening all around her. She slowly started to get on her feet, but being comatose for four years wasn't exactly refreshing, her body stumbling as she tried to keep her balance.

She leaned on the wall, slowly grabbing the door handle to leave. She began to pant slowly now, getting used to the real world, but her body still needed time. She entered a classified room, as it was open, with nobody around.

"I need to find out what's going on..." Annie began to think again. "So...I'll wait until someone gets here..."

A few minutes passed before someone finally came, as they entered without suspicion. Annie was quick to act, as she put her finger knife to the person's throat.

"Move...and I'll kill you where you stand." Annie said.

Annie then widened her eyes as the individual then hoisted her arm, throwing her, as Annie then collapsed on the table in front of the two.

"Hey." Hitch grabbed Annie's collar. "Just what the hell are you doing?"

"Getting information." Annie said. "I didn't think you were this strong...Hitch."

"Yet I never thought you'd be this weak, Annie. It feels like you're a grandma."

"I could transform anytime." Annie bluffed. "Why aren't you stopping me? I could destroy this building if I wanted to."

"You really think I am that stupid?" Hitch asked. "You're exhausted. You can't transform now, and even if you could, I'd doubt you would."

"You're...probably right about that." Annie said.

End of Chapter