𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

❥︎Author's Pov

Halfway through the car ride, Naveen fished his phone out from his pocket and swiped across the screen for a few seconds, then proceeded to tap on Maira's cheeks who was dozing off in her seat.

She has become more beautiful. He thought to himself and smiled. Well, she always was. His mind piped in.

And the way she calls him Naveen 'mama', he can never explain the wave of delight he feels whenever he hears that word from her mouth.

Though the word mama can denote many relations..the special kind is which mentions the romantic relationship between couples. It adds more beauty to the sweet love they carry in their heart and soul.

For some, it may seem like just a phrase but for Naveen and Maira, it's the strong string that binds their love for each other.

When Maira opened her eyes, he forwarded his phone to her while she rubbed her eyes in exhaustion. The day was tiring for her.

It's going to get so much awful.

With a doubtful glance at her Naveen mama, she held the phone in her palm and stared at the girl on the screen.

"Is she an actress..? But I had never seen her in any movies. She looks soo beautiful" Maira pouted admiringly at the girl's picture. Little did she know, she is the villain in her love life.

"She is my fiance" Naveen was pleased that Maira also liked the girl.

Naveen's parents had arranged his marriage to this girl, named Anita.

Yes, the marriage will be held within two days from today. The hurry was due to the words of the astrologer.

When they had gone to discern the match in their horoscopes, the astrologer had fed this information of 'Naveen should get married soon or else the delay may extend for more years'. And so, his parents who believe deeply in astrology had fixed his marriage as soon as possible.

Without even conducting engagement.

Anita's parents were also perfectly okay with it as they had a good friendship and respect for Naveen's family.

Naveen had met Anita a day ago in a restaurant. They had mingled very well in just a short period of two hours.

Yes.

He had spent two hours talking to her.
Anita had said positive to marrying Naveen but he wanted to know Maira's opinion.

And here he is, on his way to smashing the poor girl's heart.

Maira didn't want to accept what she heard. So she asked again with a small smile. "Fiance? Stop joking mama" she lightly slapped his arms but his hard gaze that peered into her told her the painful facts.

So many questions popped into her head.

Her heart was on the verge to be broken while she stared at her Naveen mama once more, hopefully.

"Really?" She asked, in her innocent self.

"Yes," he smiled thinking about Anita.

If only she could have confessed her feelings to him earlier....there might be a chance for her love to reach the shore and not drown in the sea.

But it's too late.

.............

So, how is it guys?♥️♥️