𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

❥︎Author's Pov

Naveen's face depicted no emotions as he stared at the sacred fire flaming before him.

This is all it?

His love, her love...is everything's gonna end just like this?

Maira caught herself together and enveloped her body in a purple saree. Her parents forced her to wear some jewels also, which made her look beautiful despite her face being puffed due to constant crying.

She didn't want to see her Naveen mama tying knots to another girl.

So even when she came down to the main aisle, with a short look to her Naveen mama who will soon be someone's husband, she attempted to enter a random room.

As marriage will be taking place in a few minutes, every room was vacant. Maira sneaked inside it without gaining anyone's suspicious glance and shut the door close.

Luckily, the room she was in, belonged to Naveen's parents. So there's no chance of them coming into the room anytime shortly. Well, Maira's concern wasn't in whose room she is in though.

She declined on the wall near the door and sobbed silently. Her head hurts like someone's knocking on it with a hammer.

The traditional Carnatic music was playing at a normal rate. The nadaswaram(a type of flute which is played mostly in auspicious times) along with a pair of drums produces music that was usually heavenly to hear but in this situation, to Maira, it doesn't sound good.

Because when these sounds of the instruments boost to a top-level, it means the marriage was happening. So it was just pure torture for Maira to listen to its normal rate now, which could any second be transformed into a higher point.

She shut her ears and waited for it to occur, she waited for her heart to explode together with it...yet even after a long time, there was no improvement in the music rather it was abruptly halted.

Accompanied by it was the garish chattering noises that came. What might have emerged?

Doubtfully, wiping her tears away she peeked through the door and found a big commotion going on there.

She was confused to the core as she wandered toward her family members who were standing down on the mandap stage.

Naveen's mother was crying while his dad seemed angry. Maira peeped at her parents who had extremely worried expressions on their faces.

What was going on?

Her eyes then went to her Naveen mama. He was consoling his mother.

"What happened?"

In the silent whisper and broken blabberings of the guests, Maira's voice turned out to be clearer and louder.

The crowd of people within a few distances focused their gaze on Maira. She was really very perplexed.

Her little sister tugged Maira's hand and said in a quiet tone. "She...eloped away" Maira still didn't get the clue.

"Anita...Naveen mama's bride, she eloped away Akka" Maira's eyes dilated upon hearing the news.

.....................

♥️♥️♥️

Do share your thoughts guys🦋