𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

❥︎Author's Pov

A cheerful wedding song was booming across the auditorium, compelling the weary girl to stir in her slumber and open her eyes to glimpse at the realm.

It was 10 am when she lazily sauntered to the washroom to do her morning routine. Being done with dressing up, she took the elevator to reach the down floor.

Optimistic chattings welcomed her as she let her eyes roam around the main aisle. Her parents were conversing with some relatives with toothy smiles...it made a smile to kiss her lips too.

Sighing, she was about to waddle to them when a voice deterred her from moving. Naveen got hold of her ear and dragged her to the dining place in the hall.

As it was late morning, there weren't any people except them. He made her sit on one of the chairs and signaled her to eat the food which he had already allocated on the desk in front of her.

Her heart felt like it was sitting on a swing and going back and forth while her Naveen mama stared intensely at Maira, his hands still pressing her ear.

"Mama, it hurts-" she whimpered. He retracted his hands back to himself sensing her discomfort and reclined beside her after pulling the chair to face Maira's direction.

She ate awkwardly due to the gaze he would send in her way often. A few minutes later, he got a call and he shuffled out of the dining place with a look to Maira, that told her to finish all the food.

Actually, she was waiting for the time he leaves so she could stop eating. Wasting food is horrible but consuming it when your stomach isn't in the mood to accept it is also too dreadful.

She simply left the place not knowing what to do with the food.

Washing her hands, Maira once again sought to stroll to the main hall...she went frozen at the scene before her. To other people, it doesn't even make any sense..just a very normal thing it was.

Indeed it was.

Her Naveen mama was chattering with his fiance. This is the first time Maira is seeing Anita and she instantly felt insecure.

She shook her head internally to quit thinking about it.

However, when she witnessed her Naveen mama snickering at something Anita confided to him...Maira didn't know what is happening to her.

She didn't want to cry, that's for sure. Even her lacrimal glands are tired of producing tears.

Her senses were blank as she stepped up all of the stairs up to the third floor. Shutting the door behind her, Maira called her friends on a conference call and spoke with them.

Lekha and Avni.

They both knew about her Naveen mama and Maira's love but had never seen him until yesterday when he had appeared in their college to pick up Maira.

Concerned was all they were as Maira finished the depressing short story. She got a bit of relief in speaking her heart out... that's the reason why she called them too.

But--

There's a small twist her friends had planned which Maira was not at all aware of.

.................

♥️♥️♥️