𝗦𝗜𝗫

❥︎Author's Pov

It was the most pathetic night Maira had ever spent in her life. Tears, sobs, the grief of wanting to lose and unlove someone whom she loved with her soul...

It was utter suffering.

She hadn't slept all night but was just thinking about her Naveen mama. At 5 am, her mom asked her to get ready. Without a word spoken, Maira just stood up and entered the restroom.

Her mom didn't examine her daughter's behavior much as she was in hurry to reach the marriage auditorium earlier as possible.

With a towel encircled around her body, Maira came out of the restroom and numbly put on her clothes. Her eyes are hooded from all the weeping, offering her countenance a tired look.

Well, it's not like someone could figure out her situation though. She usually is silent and expressionless so none will grasp the idea of her crying and being sad.

Maybe her Naveen mama will...but she didn't want him to.

When they reached the marriage hall, Maira couldn't curb her tears. There was a board on which it was written, 'Naveen weds Anita'.

She felt her heart sink in agony. She wished she could unsee it. She hastily blinked away the tears that formed in her eyes.

Even If it hurts her, it's the truth she must accept, her Naveen mama is soon going to be married to another girl.

Maira wetted her dry lips as she wandered behind her parents and sister. Her head was hung low refusing to meet any gaze, especially her Naveen mama's.

She doesn't know how will she react once his eyes meet hers. Isn't it frustrating to have no control over your own emotions?

The voice of her Naveen mama went through her ear and she fisted her hands to not break down.

A few minutes later, her parents began to move and she followed behind them quietly, unknown of the pair of eyes staring at her.

Naveen was puzzled at Maira's actions. Yet he had too many other works to go after. So he let it not get to his head for now.

The first floor of the marriage hall had no vacant rooms out of five, so Maira's family went to the second floor using the elevator. On the second floor, there was only one room was free out of four.

Her parents and little sister settled there and Maira took the third floor which had only one room. It had a lengthy table closer to the wall which carried some cups and a jug.

She brushed her fingers across the beautiful peacock painting on the jug's exterior and smiled.

Swirling around, she shut the door to the room, and that's it, she was dropped down to the floor with a tear escaping through her closed eyelids. She leaned her back to rest on the door and continued to cry.

Whenever she let her mind imagine her Naveen mama with another girl, it's pricking her heart a little bit harshly every single time.

..............

♥️♥️