𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

❥︎Author's Pov

Naveen mama was twenty-five years old back then when it happened. So one day, he came to my home to inform us about the job he got in a famous enterprise.

I was simply watching television as I saw him entering. I didn't know what to do that time, I just suddenly stood up from the couch and gazed at him with an awkward smile.

The way he looked at me, you know...I felt like...umm....like my butterflies are doing karate and kungfu inside my stomach.

Haha, it was very weird, I really don't know how to say it in words.

He bought dairy milk for everyone in my family but only for me, he bought a milkybar cause he knows that I hate chocolates.

That's it.

Lekha and Avni frowned at each other. "That's it? No speaking..no touching?" Avni questioned expecting more.

"Yes, I loved the way he stared at me that time...it was different" Maira tilted her head thinking about it.

"Oh" her friends amused.

"Yes," she grinned which was soon faded as she came back to the actual world.

"I thought he also loves me as I do...it may sound odd or cliche but that day when he peered at me, I could detect something different.." Maira stammered, staring down at her lap.

"That's why I never felt the need to confess my love to him...but I was wrong though, it turns out that I was just very stupid and he never loved me the way I did" she smiled rubbing her palms together.

"Well well...I need to get ready, Naveen mama's reception will be starting soon" She spoke hastily with hurt lingering in each word that left her lips.

Lekha grabbed Maira's phone that was hidden under the light weighed sheets all this time. Maira's eyes squinted low as she attempted to look at the screen and identify what was going on it.

Terror...Pure terror. She felt her body get goosebumps beginning from her legs and reaching the inside of her head.

It was an ongoing call from Naveen mama with a time duration of fifteen minutes, meaning--he heard her confession.

This small mischievous thing occurred when Maira closed her eyes to finish the scenario in her mind. It came off as an advantage to her friends to grasp her mobile and contact her Naveen mama.

Well her phone had a password, but it was too easy to access cause the password is none other than her 'Naveen mama'.

Maira's eyes welled up all over once again as she quickly disconnected the call and looked up at her friends while sobbing.

"Why would you do that?" Avni shrugged before responding to Maira. "At least now he knows you love him" with that her friends left her with a pat on her head.

It's just so messed up.

There's no chance he could love her.
.................