Chapter 20

Close to three weeks ago, I married the love of my life on New Year's Eve. It was always in our plans and after the rough months prior, we actually wanted something to go our way, the way that we planned and I'm so thankful that we succeeded. It is a day I will never forget and one that I will cherish deeply. Thank you to everyone involved, especially our wedding photographers Iris and James who I tagged in the photo so please check them out if you're in the market. I'm sorry if I annoy you guys with photos of my wedding but just bear with me.

He captioned under the photo of them sharing their first kiss as husband and wife. He smiled at all the congratulatory comments and emojis it's receiving then decided to wait an hour until he posted another.

Stefan looked back hearing her get out of the shower and smiled as she walked out with a towel wrapped around her. Bonnie smiled back and kissed him before choosing an outfit.

"Mason tells me that the interview will be posted this weekend. They're going to start promoting it today."

"That's exciting, I can't wait to watch it."

"Should we have like a viewing quote-unquote party or is that extra?"

She laughed a little. "Well yeah, I think we should watch it with Mason and your mom and Tim."

He nodded. "Mason got back from Mystic Falls yesterday."

Bonnie smiled. "Yeah, Care told me he left. She seems really happy, what about him?"

"Yeah, I think so. He won't shut up about her."

He smiled hearing her laugh. "Oh, and I don't know if Mason told you but he and I talked and decided that both of us should tell Caroline about our... complicated-ish relationship. I'm not sure if that talk would be in MF or here, but since Elena is coming out with a book, we just want to get ahead of it before either of them fall too hard."

"I want to be there as well."

"Okay,"

"You don't want to come?" He noticed the tone in her voice.

She turned to him. "It's not that, it's just that- you get upset whenever it's brought up which is completely understandable but then you stay mad me for like the rest of the day."

"No, I don't,"

"And I just don't want Caroline to feel overwhelmed, I feel like with the three of us in her face it might be a little too much."

"Then I won't be in her face, I'll sit beside her. She's going to need someone to relate to and that could be me."

"Alright, I'll tell Mason."

"I can tell him."

"See, Stefan, you're upset," she sighed.

"I'm not upset."

She watched his eyes. "Babe."

"So because I want to tell him that I'll be included in this chat suddenly makes me upset?"

"No, but you quickly rejecting that I do it gives me a reason to believe that you are."

"Fine, you tell him then, you two are already talking behind my back."

Bonnie grunted then took her clothes into the bathroom and closed the door. Stefan closed his eyes and sighed. "Fuck." He started to think that maybe he shouldn't be there after all. He would travel with her but stay back in the hotel if this conversation happened in Mystic Falls or just stay home if it happened here. Maybe she's right, but he can't help it, maybe in the distant future but certainly not now.