Chapter 4

Stefan let out a breath looking around seeing boxes stacked in his apartment. He smiled a part of him still amazed at how quickly he's fallen for Bonnie but at the same time, it makes sense. He knew that because of who she is, she's different and she's honest and she is just everything he needs and now that he has her he feels complete. It's the best feeling in the world.

"It's moving in day!"

He looked over and smiled seeing her making a video. She walked over to him and kissed him several times.

"How excited are you that I'm moving in?"

"I'm very excited, baby."

She smiled and stopped recording to jump in his arms and kiss him deeply. He carried her over to their bed and removed their clothes before rolling on top of her sliding in her. She lifted her leg around his waist causing his movement to quicken until her back arched and he stiffened inside her. Their breaths were the only sound filling her apartment and they smiled looking at each other before getting up.

...

Stefan moved some hair behind her ears as he looked into her eyes. She smiled and kissed him once then closed her eyes as he kissed along her neck. "I love you."

"I love you too." She grabbed his face and they kissed deeply.

"Don't answer," he told her hearing her phone ringing.

She opened her eyes then narrowed them seeing the contact of her ex on the screen. She started to wonder what he wanted but shook that off for now. She saw that he left a voicemail so it looks like she might have to call him back. She forced a smile as he moved her face looking into his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she hugged him tightly.

He growled hearing knocks on his door and Bonnie got off his lap so he could answer it while she went back into their room. Stefan opened the door then stopped himself from slamming the door in her face. "Mom, what are you doing here?"

"We wanted to see you,"

"We?" His confused state turned to utter annoyance seeing his stepfather now beside her. Now he really wished he closed the door in her face. "Mom, you can't keep showing up here unannounced. I have plans and no time for this."

"Are you moving?"

"No just cleaning up, giving some things away. Thank you for visiting but please g—" he paused seeing his mother's head snap to the right and he shortly followed landing his eyes on a confused Bonnie.

"Is everything ok?" She almost wished that she stayed in the room.

"You must be Bonnie," Stefan's mom stepped in, "I'm Lily, Stefan's mother."

Her eyes widened. "Oh wow, uh, it's nice to meet you," she smiled then was surprised finding herself in a hug.

"Are you here to help Stefan give things away?"

She quickly lifted her eyes to Stefan seeing that he's making face. "Yes, I figured that I help out. So uh, what brings you doing here, are you helping out as well?"

"Oh no, we just wanted to stop by and thank Stefan for the money he gave us."

Stefan wanted to scream because he specifically told his mother to not spend a single penny on his poor excuse of a stepfather and now he knows that he's controlling the whole amount. He wouldn't be surprised if he'd pocketed some without telling her. He balled his hands to fist noticing Bonnie walking up to that poor excuse ready to shake his hand but he pulls her into a hug and rubs her lower back just a little too much. He's ready to pull her out of his arms but Bonnie backs away on her own then moves to his side. Stefan moved an arm around her waist pulling her closer then lowly apologized.