Chapter 27

PRESENT DAY

"You look terrified," Stefan stated, watching her eyes.

"I'm just shocked." She shifted her head to look up at the ceiling. "This is crazy."

"You can really tell just like that?"

"I mean if it's not that then something else happened."

"Like what?"

"I can't think of anything else."

"I can't tell how you feel right now."

"I need to take a shower and take a nap and breathe."

Stefan watched her get up slowly and walk into their bathroom. He let out a breath then got up himself hearing the water running. This wasn't at all how he pictured things going and it obviously wasn't Bonnie's vision either. He decided to clean to distract his mind for a little while. He vacuumed their room and straightened up their laundry before starting on the living room. He polished the coffee table and dusted the TV. He threw out expired food from the refrigerator and freezer and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. He vacuumed and fluffed the pillows then looked over, hearing the floor creak. He stood slowly and turned more towards her, watching her eyes. She was dressed in a towel, her hair was wet and dripping occasionally and when she breathed out a smile he walked up to her and wrapped her in his arms. She started crying into his shoulder, losing strength in her knees so they sat down on the floor together staying in their embrace.

...

"How much will this change things?"

"Honestly?" He watched her nod. "A lot. When do you start filming?"

"I haven't checked my emails yet."

"Whenever you're ready, check them and we'll just take it one day at a time."

She nodded some more. "I think I'm ready to get up from the floor now,"

"Okay," he kept his arms around her and stood up, using his strength to help them both.

They walked back into their room and Bonnie got changed before joining him on their bed. "Are you happy?" She looked over at him.

"I'm very happy."

She smiled and nodded. She waited for him to ask her the same question but was thankful when he didn't. She wasn't sure what her answer would be but she would hesitate and that would probably give him her answer.

"Hey," he held her face. "One day at a time, remember?"

"I love you so much Stefan and I'm sorry that- I'm just scared."

"And you have every right to be, but we'll get through this and hopefully sometime down the road, you won't be as scared. I love you so much."

"I love you more." They kissed and he pulled her in for a hug. "Can I tell you a secret?"

"Go for it,"

"I partied with Caroline and Elena while you were in LA."

"Seriously?"

"It was a pretty good time, we got drunk, and somewhere along the way we ate weed brownies."

He shook his head. "You're lying."

"Swears."

He pulled away from their hug. "I should've known, I was tagged in some snapshots of Elena's Instagram story where people literally matched a corner of our cabinet beside the one she was standing in front of."

Bonnie chuckled then held his face in her hands and met their lips, kissing him deeply. He wrapped his arms around her body, kissing her back until she pulled away for air. "Why does it feel like forever since I've kissed you?" He questions then meets their lips for a while longer.