Chapter 3

Bonnie laughed at all the gossip headlines Caroline was sending her by the second through text. Their outing at the park two days ago was top news with so many pictures she felt a little creeped out about it especially since she was unaware. She couldn't stop analyzing Stefan's face as he looked at her. He looked like he actually loved her in some of them so it's either he's that good of an actor or there are some feelings there. She stopped herself from thinking about it too much but then she got an alert from Instagram saying that Stefan had tagged her in a post. She views it and sees that it's the three photos from the park with a caption that unwillingly made her heart melt.

She stole my sunglasses and my heart. Milan '19, I'll never forget you.

She then remembered what Stefan said about him not being that much into social media so she messaged him.

Is this Stefan or Mason? [winky face emoji]

She got the same emoji back as a response and she assumed that it was Mason. It made the post a little less special but she wouldn't think about it too much.

Bonnie smiled rushing over to open her door and jumped in his arms. He laughed a little carrying her inside then closed her door. She kissed over his face until their lips met and she almost shivered how different kissing Stefan was from this. She shook it off then pushed him into her bedroom.

...

He kissed the top of her head hugging her close. "I actually have to leave in the morning,"

"Why?" She asked but internally she was happy because that meant that he wouldn't be able to meet Stefan.

"I have to work, babe. I was late requesting time off so the slots for tomorrow were already full."

"Okay, just hold me then."

"Of course. How are you feeling?"

"Much better. I think part of it was because I didn't eat anything and had a couple of drinks but I still missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Babe, I really need to tell you the truth," she sat up and he narrowed his eyes, following suit. "Stefan isn't gay. I agreed with you because I thought that would be the only way you would agree to this. I should've told you the truth but I was scared because I really wanted this." She watched him as he thought about what to say.

"Why are you telling me this now, what happened?"

"Nothing happened, I just don't want to lie to you."

"Does he know that I exist?"

"No, but only because I feel like if he knows it'll lessen our chemistry and he'll start acting weird because he'll be constantly thinking about you."

"Bonnie, I- if I would've done anything close to what you did- what you're doing, you would slap me."

"I know but—"

"But fucking nothing," he shouted. "I can't believe you right now."

"I'm sorry I—"

"You're not fucking sorry because are you going to tell him everything? No, you're not so don't even apologize when you're going to continue this behavior. I think we need some space."

"No, baby, please don't, I love you, I want to marry you,"

"And I wanted the same but now I'm not so sure. You're fucking making out with another guy like it's nothing like I mean nothing to you."

"I'm acting,"

"Are you?"

"Yes, I promise. I'm just acting, that's the job. I've never kissed him, he always kisses me first, I never start it. I let him call the shots because he's more aware of the cameras and I feel like if I do anything first then it's like I'm cheating on you so I don't do anything first. And I won't. I'm just acting, it's like I'm doing an improve job, I just play along."