Chapter 9

Bonnie screamed at the top of her lungs being scared by Stefan. He laughed taking off the alien mask and hugged her as she covered her face with her hands. He kissed the top of her head apologizing.

"I hate you,"

He laughed some more, then kissed her lips multiple times. "I may have failed to mention that I love Halloween and I love scaring people."

"Well you've succeeded, I hope you're happy."

He chuckled. "Come here," he lifted her legs around his waist. "I have a surprise for you."

"Is it a heart attack?"

He chuckled. "No, you get to finally see what I've been working on."

Her eyes widened. "Really?!"

"Yes," he smiled. "We're meeting Mason at the location then I'm going to blindfold you," she chuckled, "and then I'll take it off and you'll gasp and be super happy and excited."

"I'm sure that's exactly how it'll go."

"Let's get dressed then we can head out." He carries her into their bedroom.

...

Bonnie smiled posing for a photo that Stefan wanted to take of her. He smiled adding it to his story to let everyone who watches know that Bonnie was going to finally see the secret project. "Alright, babe, you ready?"

"Yes!" She unbuckled herself.

Stefan chuckled and met her outside, holding the blindfold in his hand. He kissed her several times before placing it over her eyes. Bonnie squeezes his hand as they start walking inside. He holds her as they ride the elevator up to the fifth floor and all the while his heart is racing. He wonders if she could feel it but hopes she's too busy caught up in her head to think about it. He takes a deep breath as a ding fills the silence and they step out. He nods once at Mason who nods back getting his phone ready along with one of their partners to take photos as he takes a video.

"Alright, ready?" He asked stepping behind her.

"Yes," she bounced slightly on her toes.

He removes the blindfold after leading her to stand in front of their necklaces and smiled hearing her gasp. She looks over at him with wide eyes. "Babe!"

He chuckled. "Look around there are more pieces."

Bonnie looks closely at the necklaces then slowly steps over to the bracelets and earrings then the rings. She smiled then narrowed her eyes seeing one in particular that had her name underneath it. "Stefan wha—" she turned then gasped seeing him down on one knee. Tears instantly filled her eyes.

"Bonnie Bennett, you are the love of my fucking life," they chuckled, Bonnie wiped away her tears. "I love you so much and I mean it when I say I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Without you in my life, I don't know how I would've survived this year so thank you for loving me unconditionally and hopefully forever. Will you marry me?"

"Yes,"

He smiled and took the ring out of its box and slipped it down her finger before standing and met their lips. People cheered causing the couple to smile and kiss again before they pulled away.

"My heart is beating out of my chest," Bonnie held her heart making those around laugh.

Mason ended the video to walk up and hug her, congratulating her then Stefan. Bonnie bounces on her toes smiling as widely as she could, not being able to contain her happiness. Stefan smiled over at her and held her in his arms and kissed her a few times over. "You like your ring?"