Seeking Help.

The little girl approached the trashcan and threw half of her food in it. 

"Hey, you could've given that to me!"

She turned to glare at him with big purple eyes.

"Last time you got sick and they put us away."

"I ate fast, but I won't do it now!" He whined.

Mimic shrugged. "If you want jump in and take it."

"Er... I'm not that hungry."

She turned away. "Hurry up. I don't want to fight the big guy, he steps on me all the time."

"You're always trying to blind me when I train with you!"

"It's for your own good."

"Rude!" He started to chase her, the little girl giggled as she ran away.

***

She only packed the essentials. Rocket opened her door without knocking, even though the lock was digital.

"Ya busy?"

"What do you want?" She asked, half of her body diving inside the closet. 

"I've been hearing noises since you came back and you're acting pretty crazy..."

"You've been hearing noises from all the way across the compound?"

"I have good ears."

She stopped what she was doing to push herself out and stare at the creature.

"What do you want?" Cat insisted.

He gave her a funny look, shrugging lightly. 

"I just wanted to ask if you were..." He raised his voice to sound confident. "Forget it, it's a dumb question. You're running away—"

"I'm not running away," She glanced at the several pieces of clothing shoved inside her backpack. "Okay, I'm running away. Don't tell Nat you saw me."

"You sound scared," He continued. "I'm not the best role model out here, but if you need help..."

"No. I mean— I do, but I have to go somewhere else to get it. No one can know I've been here."

Rocket squinted, his voice sounded ominous. "Someone's looking for you, Skrully?"

"Please, I'll take care of this alone. I don't want any of you to die, I don't wanna lose more of you."

The raccoon mumbled something, he looked uncomfortable. Cat knelt in front of him, offering her hand to him tentatively.

"We're friends, aren't we?"

The raccoon didn't grab her hand, he nodded a little.

"I don't know why, but yeah."

"I'll come back."

She grabbed her stuff, Rocket spoke when she walked past him.

"What happens if you don't?" He threw something at her. "Take this."

She caught it and examined it: a square piece of metal.

"A token of appreciation?" Cat smiled. "Something to remember you by?"

"What?" He frowned. "That's a sonic grenade, idiot. Whoever's chasing you can teleport, right? That's how you got that power. It'll rattle their brain long enough for you to put this on them," He showed her a strange collar he'd suddenly pulled out of his satchel.