Love At First Sight.

Five minutes after arriving, she spotted Matthew walking toward her. Cat fixed her hair and then remembered he was blind, she fixed her sunglasses instead.

"Hey—"

The man walked right past her. Maybe she'd been wrong? It was pretty dark the night they'd met—

"You're gonna stand there all day?" 

He'd stopped a few feet ahead, Cat gave a start and started walking.

"Sorry!"

He wasn't like any guy she'd met before, Matt was much older than the men she'd met over the last five years and younger than the ones that had raised her. Cat wanted his attention, she wanted him to like her. He was something new.

"I thought you'd show up wearing a formal suit," she teased.

"I thought we had a deal," He replied. "You looked up stuff about me."

"Just out of curiosity, I'm not going to add anything to your file," She responded, "you're a pretty good lawyer— You put Wilson Fisk behind bars after Daredevil kicked the living shit out of him—"

"I don't wanna talk about it, kid."

"Fine, but don't call me kid," She wrinkled her nose. "It's weird. How old are you?"

Matthew smiled. "Too old for you."

She scoffed. "No one's too old for me. Especially someone that's good-looking."

"Stop."

"I'll stop if you tell me your age."

"I meant stop walking, we're here." Matt walked to the door of the building on his right. "I'm thirty-three."

She followed him in and continued their talk. "Did you know humans reach their peak of attractiveness during their thirties?"

"Then I'll have to wait a long time for yours," He joked.

 "You forget a key part, handsome," Cat added humorously, "I don't age like a human. I'll be looking twenty-something for quite a while," her smile vanished. "Hang on, you can't see me anyway!"

"I see you," He guided her to a flight of stairs. "Not in the same way you do, but I can sorta see your face."

"It's pretty, isn't it?"

He let out a short laugh. After a while Matthew reached a door and opened it, inside she found an old-fashioned boxing ring.

"Oh, wow! Is this place yours?"

"An old friend lends it to me. I thought this was the right place to train you."

"I was hoping you'd take me to your place."

"Cat..." He spoke in a tone of warning.

"Alright, I'll stop... for now."

________________

"I'm in love."

Harley stopped cooking and turned to face her. 

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I met someone," She smiled. "He's hot."

The word rolled off her tongue easier than expected, she remembered with fondness a time in which she couldn't understand why calling another person "hot" made sense.

Harley frowned. "You don't go to your Pietro's apartment every week, do you?"

"Noup."

"Where do you go?"