The Gaunlet.

Pietro exhaled loudly.

"Thank God! Those were the worst sixty seconds of my life!"

"Did we get 'em all?" Banner inquired.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey smiled.

Clint fell to his knees, everyone noticed someone was missing.

"Clint, where's Nat?"

Cat quickly listed the stones Nat's team had gone after, she felt nauseous.

"No no no," She grabbed the agent by the shoulders. "Tell me she didn't do it..."

He looked at her darkly. Cat pushed herself up, stumbling away from him.

"Hey, hey!" Kurt stopped her, he wrapped his arms around her. "I'm right here. It's okay. It's okay..."

Cat couldn't cry. She tried to, but the shock didn't allow it. If she didn't cry at that moment, then she would cry later on, and maybe then she would not have anyone around to comfort her.

***

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked.

"Yeah," Steve replied weakly. "Us."

"A sister," Cat mumbled. Pietro had replaced Kurt at some point, his arms were tight around her. "She said she would introduce us once this was over..."

"What?" Thor approached them. "What are you doing?

"Just asked them a question," Tony frowned.

"Yeah no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?"

"You're acting like you know what you're talking about, but you ditched Rocket during your mission," Cat raised her voice. "Now you're trying to tell us how to use the stones—"

"Cat, just drop it," Tony warned her.

"No! Stop this shit! We're the Avengers, get it together!" Thor demanded.

"Can't get her back," Clint intervened quietly.

"What's he... what?"

"It can't be undone," The archer insisted. "It can't."

"Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And can't seems very definitive. Don't you think?"

"Even magic has its limits," Pietro said logically. "Otherwise Strange would be here with us, don't you think?"

"I was supposed to be me," Clint's voice quivered. "She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it—"

Banner growled and tossed a bench across the lake, no one batted an eye.

"She's not coming back..." He said weakly. "We have to make it worth it... We have to."

"We will."

"I hate it when our motivation's death," Cat buried her face in Pietro's shoulder. "Why can't it be hugs and kisses?"

"If we bring everyone back, maybe Daredevil will kiss you," Pietro offered numbly.

"Now you ruined it," She stood and looked at the men around her. "Can we at least keep ourselves busy while sinking into the depths of misery?"

***

Once the gauntlet was ready, everyone held their breaths and stared at it in awe.