Farewell.

Cat was staring at her reflection with empty eyes. She'd woken up to a heavy feeling in her chest, guilt had finally taken over and she'd spent the last two hours pacing inside Harley's bathroom.

"He's dead," Her gaze was hard and determined.

She heard noises behind her, Cat looked through the small gap in the door and saw Harley stretching on the bed. The girl walked back into the room and picked up her clothes, her friend sat up and watched in silence, lost in thought.

"It's late," she said without meeting his eyes, "Kurt will pick me up in a few minutes."

"I'll walk you out," He tossed the sheets away and seized the pair of pants that were laying on the floor.

"Hey," Harley stopped and waited for her to continue. "Last night... last night, er..."

"Happened," He finished.

They looked at each other, Cat snorted and pushed her hair back.

"Yeah... It was interesting."

"Interesting," Harley grabbed a hoodie from the pile of clothes next to the window. "Not what I was hoping to hear after my first time..."

"I can't give you a better answer," She said openly. "I don't have anyone to compare you with."

"Hmm... Interesting will suffice for now. I hope you get better experiences in the future— but at the same time, don't ever get to the conclusion that I was your worst."

"I'm sure I'll have worse, unfortunately," She smiled. "At least you were endearing."

There was a knock on the front door and both teens turned towards the sound, Harley grabbed her sweater.

"Your ride's here."

Cat picked up her backpack and followed him out, Harley let Kurt in.

"Smurf," He nodded casually, walking towards the kitchen. "Want a drink?"

Kurt spotted Copycat, his smile turned into an evil smirk. "How was your night, Mimi? Did you sleep at all?"

"I slept plenty," She responded calmly.

The girl moved towards the door but Harley stopped her.

"Wait!" He seized the pen drive from its place on the coffee table and threw it inside her bag. "Now you can go..." 

"Yeah..."

Both of them turned to Kurt and stared with quiet yet impatient gazes.

"Alright," He groaned dramatically. "You have two minutes!"

He patted Harley's shoulder, then winked at her before exiting the house.

"Well... I'm glad I got to know you. I'll have a friend on Earth if I ever decide to come back."

"Look after yourself."

She set one hand on the doorframe and stood on her tiptoes, Harley gave her a short kiss. It was fun, being able to smooch someone just because. She understood now why her classmates wanted to play spin the bottle all the time.

"See you," He whispered.

"Maybe," Cat smiled.

When she made an attempt to walk away, Harley caught her wrist and stopped her one last time.

"Good luck, Copy."

***

When they arrived at the compound, all of her friends were there: Steve, Nat, Tony, Pepper, Rhodes, Happy, and Pietro. Not exactly beaming with joy, but wanting to wish a safe journey.