Hope.

Nine months after that night, Cat's life was finally getting better. She could control her mimicking, she didn't feel the need to kill anyone. Her anger had subsided until it was just a tiny thing lurking at the back of her mind.

She'd long forgotten her grief and was more content with her current situation. It wasn't perfect, but suitable. The only thing she could ask out of life.

Pietro was currently in New York, enjoying the last week of vacation, so she decided to pay him a visit. She parked Steve's bike in front of the place and entered the building in quite a jovial mood. 

"P.J!" She placed her keys in the bowl and took off her jacket.

Pietro showed up half-dressed and looking agitated, Cat didn't notice.

"Hey!" She smiled. "Wanna grab dinner? That Mexican place we went to on my birthday was open, just gotta pee real quick..."

"Copy—"

"Dinner's on me!"

Pietro blinked in confusion. "You have money?"

"I got a job!" She walked past him. "As a secretary at Nelson and Murdock— it's a..."

She heard something falling inside Pietro's room and her gaze landed on a boy's figure sitting on the bed— Harley's eyes widened and he jumped out of it, closing the door harshly. Cat didn't try to open it, she returned to the living room, where Pietro was waiting with a look of guilt.

"Is Harley Keener in your bedroom?" She whispered.

"...yes."

"The guy you said you didn't like?"

"I said we weren't friends."

"The guy I lost my virginity with?"

He gasped. "I thought that was Peter!"

"Peter never touched me that way!" Her eyes widened. "I can assure you Harley did more than just hold my hand!"

"Well, you guys are just friends now," Pietro said defensively. "From what he told me you're trying to fuck a guy that could be your father..."

"You little shit," She said, no longer whispering. "I always thought it'd be MJ!"

"She was just a friend!"

"Bring your ass here, Junior! But please put on a pair of pants before you do!"

"Not like you haven't seen that before," Pietro muttered. "It's not like I planned it! Unlike the time you slept with him!"

"The first time, maybe," She replied under her breath.

"The first time?!" Pietro exclaimed.

"Let's not go into detail!" Harley interrupted their banter stumbling into the room. "Honestly Stray, it's not like I cheated on any of you..."

"That's not the problem, you pig," Cat approached threateningly. "You guys fucked before I was back on Earth?"

"Once."

"And you still slept with me when I returned?" Her voice came out as a squeak.

"You slept with her again?" Pietro asked in the same tone.

"Slut behavior," Cat sentenced.

"Look who's talking!" Harley scowled. "If anyone's a slut here, I think is the person that slept with half of the Galaxy and is trying to fuck Daredevil!"

"Daredevil?" Pietro asked in shock. "That's the guy?!"

She ignored her brother. "Yeah maybe I am, but I can't believe you dared to sleep with the both of us!"