The Avengers.

"Hey, hot-shot."

Daredevil tilted his head towards the sound. 

"Did you talk to Stark?"

"He talks too much to get any word out myself," She taunted. 

"What'd he say?"

She sat next to him. "That we'd be risking too many lives for something that might not even work."

"So he said no?"

"He'll help," Cat sighed. "So will I."

He smiled. "Good Kitty."

"Tsk!" She scolded him. "Don't ever, ever, call me that!"

"It's your name," He said playfully.

"Don't be a tease," She pouted. "I'm here to talk about something important!"

"I'm sorry, go on..."

She glanced at him, thinking with annoyance that he was too attractive for his own good. "I think it's going to be just you looking after the city for a while."

The man hummed, he faced the city with an unreadable expression. 

"You think you can handle it?"

Matt chuckled. "Yeah, I'm a big boy."

"Really?" She smirked. "How big?"

He laughed again. "I'm not answering that, Copy."

"Pity, the answer could disappoint me and I'd leave you alone..."

"Doubt it," Then he added quickly, "that you'd leave me alone— I'm not saying you wouldn't be disappointed—"

"Stop talking," She leaned her head on his shoulder and groaned. "Why can't you be immoral for a night? I'd let you have your way with me..."

"Thing is I love a challenge," He joked. "You're making it too easy."

She scoffed. "I've never played hard to get."

"You should try."

"I'll think about it," She patted his hand, then got to her feet. "Come on, there's a creep two streets down..."

"I hear it," He stood as well. "But I don't think he's dangerous..."

"Well, maybe, but don't you want to scare him just a bit?"

"Copy..."

She whined. "You're no fun."

________________

"How did it go?"

"It was nice, actually. He asked about my new job, I said I don't get paid much and you know Tony, he immediately went mom-mode on me and asked if I was being exploited—"

"Cat, this is important."

"Yeah, I know," She frowned. "So are Tony's life and mine, and I'm sick of hearing you talk about them as if they're some hobby we picked to spend the time. How about you stop talking to me like I have no reading comprehension and I might not slap your pretty face?"

Steve raised his hands in surrender, he stepped back. 

"Sorry. You can continue."

She kicked off her shoes and sank onto the couch next to him, rubbing her forehead. "It's hard, being an adult."

The blond man stared at her. "What made you change your mind?"

"What?"

"You didn't want to get involved, and I doubt it was us who convinced you in the end. Was it Pietro?"