11. Choices

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the door. Part of me prayed Gojo would still be passed out so I could just slink up to the bedroom.

My hands were shaking as I slowly opened the door and made a break for it.

" You really think I wouldn't notice"

I froze as I heard the voice behind me.
I slowly turned around and came face to face with Gojo.

" I just needed some space Gojo so I went for a walk-"

" Y/N I followed you to the hotel"

My eyes widened. Shit I was so certain he was out cold.

" Gojo I-"

Gojo grabbed my shoulders and started shouting.

" Do you have any fucking clue how much danger you could've been in? Especially prancing around with some random guy! He could've been anyone! He could've fucking killed you!"

" Gojo come on it's fine I can take care of myself! I don't need you smothering me all the time! Besides this guy... this guy treats me so well!"
I snapped back.

" Y/N are you serious? Who even is this guy? Can you tell me that for sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt you?"

I could see the rage filling every inch of him.

"Yes I can actually! He's someone so invested in me and only me and that's all I've ever wanted! It's something you couldn't even give me yourself Gojo! You always pretend like you give a shit and then jump to the first girl that smiles your way! Toji would never fucking do that!"

Oh shit..... I said his fucking name.

Silence... the calm before the storm....

The sudden realisation hit Gojo like a tonne of bricks.

He gritted his teeth and started shaking with anger.

" Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke Y/N" he laughed in disbelief.

"Gojo I-"

" He tried to fucking kill me!" He screamed at me.

I don't think I had ever seen Gojo so angry. It was the first time he filled me with fear.

"That man will do anything for a bounty Y/N! Don't you get it? He's probably only interested in ending my life for money nothing else!"

" That's not true!" I snapped back. I kept shoving him back as I spoke.

" He literally asked me to leave town with him, he's not the same anymore Gojo! He just wants to be free like me! He really does care-"

" And you really think I don't?!" He grabbed my hands roughly to stop me shoving him.

" I literally do everything I can to keep you safe! I'm literally doing everything I can to keep you with me! I don't think you understand just how much I give a damn about you! How the fuck do you think it makes me feel seeing you try and sneak out to meet other guys?! Heck especially a guy that would like nothing more than to see me rot in hell!"

His grip tightened around my hands and I winced in pain. He noticed and quickly let me go as he sighed.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

His voice started to crack as he spoke.

" look Y/N.... I really care about you... Damn that's an understatement.. It really fucking sucks that you don't see it but I do. Please I just don't want to lose you and I'm sorry if I don't show it enough. Please don't leave me by myself.... Truth is I.... I really need you here with me..."

Gojo began tearing up.

His confession took me by surprise. I really didn't think I was that special to him. It broke me seeing him like that.
It soon brought me to tears and we both collapsed in a hug together.

"Gojo I'm sorry... I never knew I was hurting you, you know I care about you so much" I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I'm not asking you to drop everything Y/N, Just.....please don't go off with him, please promise to stay here with me, I really can't lose you"

He hugged me tighter as his tears slipped down my neck.

Maybe Gojo was right. His words really did bring me back to reality. Even if Toji was safe to be with I would still be in danger or at least putting Gojo at risk.

Besides I also didn't feel like I could leave Gojo in this state. I still wanted to be there for him.

I made my decision then that I wasn't going to leave. I had to stay with him.

I just hope I can explain to Toji.... My heart ached at the thought of him leaving without me.

——————————————————

"Why the fuck am I here" Toji mentally cursed himself.

He had pulled his car up out the front of Gojo's place.

He couldn't help it. He just didn't want her to walk away from him earlier. He just wanted to see her.

What the hell was he doing...

He soon realised he had completely lost it.

He wanted her.

He sighed at reality. He would have to kill Gojo and she would never forgive him. Besides she'd be a witness she'd have to go too. Toji was pretty sure she had a bit of money on her head too. Might as well take both.

"But how could I kill such a pretty little face"

He slammed his head on the steering wheel. He didn't want to have such intrusive thoughts. He needed to have a clear head in order to pull this off. Y/N had already distracted him enough.
He really needed to pull himself together.

Besides she didn't even sound certain about going away with him. Toji gritted his teeth at the thought.

He didn't know what he'd do if she didn't turn up.

The thought of her choosing that fucking paintbrush over him?

Toji's blood boiled at the thought...

It wouldn't be pretty.....