22. Actions Have Consequences 🍋

The walk back was inevitably awkward. As much as Gojo seemed concerned for us, he didn't press on what happened with Sukuna so I could still tell he was pissed at me. Yuji seemed exhausted, I couldn't imagine having to have a constant battle for power. He hung his head as he walked, drained of any of his normal joy and it was hard to watch.

Gojo finally broke the unbearable silence.

" Hey Y/N I think I'm gonna go take Yuji to talk to Nanami about further ways of control before I head back home, you look tired so I don't mind if you wanna head back before me today?"

" Um yeah sure, I'll uh meet you at home then."

God why was it so hard to talk to him?
I was relieved he wasn't coming with me to be honest.  I knew it would just end in us arguing all night and putting us both into more of a shitty mood.

I sighed and parted ways with them at the gate.
I'd never felt like worse of a person than I did that day.  I had been a shitty friend to Gojo and I felt guilty as hell for what I did to Toji.. Sukuna was right I should've done something else. I had no idea how I was going to explain it to him. Hell, I didn't even know how I was going to confront him..
I took a deep breath and pulled out my phone. I hovered over his name for a while until I finally got the courage to call. I held my breath as it rung but it went to voicemail.

Defeated, I dragged myself home, holding in tears and wishing the whole day didn't exist.

————————————————

I stumbled up the stairs, I opened my bedroom door and collapsed onto the bed. I just wanted it to end already.

" You wanna talk? Talk."

I shot up  and turned around scared out of my mind and leaped for the light switch. Toji was leaning against the wall. I shrieked at him.

" How the fuck did you get in?! What if I was with Gojo! You're being reck-"

" How about you shut the fuck up about things that don't matter and let's get to the point Y/N."

His eyes were cold and his jaw was clenched, his whole body was tense. It looked like he was about to rip my fucking throat out. I took a few deep breaths before answering.

" I was stupid... I-I didn't want Sukuna to hurt you! He was trying to coax you out and you were falling for it! I knew the kiss would distract him long enough for you to go. I didn't want to lose you again when I'd only just gotten you back! I'm sorry-"

" Oh you're sorry?"

He stormed towards me.

" That's it, you're sorry?" He seethed.

He grabbed my face and roughly forced me to look at him. The pain made me wince.

" I don't give a fuck if you thought you were being noble Y/N. If he had kissed you I would've ripped his fucking head off but no YOU kissed him.. Do you have any fucking clue how that feels?"

" I-"

He moved his grip to cover my mouth.

" Shut the fuck up slut it's my turn to speak" he snarled.

My eyes were locked on his as my whole body trembled. I was completely defenceless against him. He raised his voice as he carried on.

" You really think I believe that bullshit? We both know that's not the only way to distract someone! I could've handled it Y/N, I don't need protecting like you do.. I don't fucking care how strong he was or how reckless I was, he had his hands on you... I would've rather fought with him til I was dust on the floor than be stabbed in the heart by you!"