18. Another Love

We reached Nanami and to my relief he was awake.
I offered my hand to him but he just knocked it away and stood up. He ignored me and started walked back to the others.
I gave him a confused look and called after him.

" Yuji go join the others" Nanami murmured.

Yuji nodded and gave me a concerned look before running ahead.

Nanami turned around and glared at him. He was pissed at me..

" What the hell were you playing at with Sukuna?"

" Oh you saw that huh" was all I could bring myself to say.

" Y/N did you forget every bit of training you'd ever done? You should've gotten as far away as possible from him but no instead you stand there grinning and flirting with him like a teenage girl! He knew he had you under his thumb, he could've killed you and the others with a flick of his wrist don't you understand that?!"

I just stared at him, not able to form the words to give a reply. He was right. I was reckless and I'm lucky I didn't die.

Nanami let out a frustrated sigh.

" Look Y/N it's okay it's done now and at least we're all still alive. I-I'm just glad you're okay. To be honest I'm more angry at myself I couldn't do anything to get you away from it all. I was worried I'd have to uselessly sit there and watch him hurt you and I don't know what I would've done if that happened".

I was taken back. I didn't think he gave a crap about me.

" I'm sorry Nanami, I'll be less reckless next time".

" Its almost like you think I don't know you Y/N, we both know you probably will be" he laughed.

" At least I know you'll be worried about me" I mockingly put my hand to my heart.

He slapped the back of my head and gestured for us to head back to the others.

—————————————————

When we got back we all parted ways, the students went back to their dorms and Nanami went to his office. But there was one thing I wanted to do before I headed home.

There was a old spot on top of the main building where you could overlook the entire campus. I hadn't been up there since I was a student myself. I thought it would be a nice idea to sit up there and clear my head for a while. Well at least until Gojo panic calls me wondering why I'm not back.

I climbed up onto the roof and sighed. I tried to clear my mind but it was no use. My thoughts always landed on one person.
I was angry at myself I couldn't let go. All I wanted was to move on and be free but I was caged my my own mind .

How could I miss him?

My thoughts were shattered when I heard footsteps behind me.

" A woman like you shouldn't be out alone at this time, didn't anyone tell you there are dangerous people around" Sukuna grinned at me.

He walked over and sat down next to me on the edge of the roof.

" What the hell did you follow me up here you creep-"

I was cut off by his hand covering my mouth.

"Shhh we have to be quiet or you'll draw attention to us, it would be unfortunate for you if I ended up having to kill every sorcerer here, though it does sound like fun".

" You could try but I would do everything I could to stop you" I sneered through his hand.

He seemed amused by my fake confidence.

" Why don't you fear me? I could brake your pretty little neck with my finger and yet you no longer shake when you see me?"

He moved closer to me. His hot breath fanned my face as he stared into my eyes. I tried but failed to calm my breathing down. I wanted to be afraid of Sukuna but my body betrayed me.

"I-"

We locked eyes as his hand ran through my hair.

He leaned in closer...

" Who is he?" He whispered.

Huh

" what do you mean? I thought-"

" I may have a bad reputation but I don't force myself on women who don't want me, though this is a first.
You seem intrigued by me but I can tell by your eyes there's something missing. There's another man that has your attention, is it one of the sorcerers? Would make sense why you were around all the time".

He paused in thought but then raised his brow at me knowingly. This was all a game for him.

" No it isn't, he's one that got a way? But let's leave it at that shall we?"

I didn't say a word. I only gave him a nod.

" You're no fun in this mood Y/N"

" I told you I don't like games"

" You might want to get used to doing what I like, I have more control now and like it or not you'll be seeing a lot more of me".

I scowled at him and turned away.

" Oh don't be so down, who knows"

He got up and started walking away from me

"Maybe you'll turn your attention to me after all" he grinned.

A turned to argue with him but he was already gone.

I sighed and looked up to the sunset. I already knew my own fate with my emotions. No matter what I tried to do to move on I would only be lying to myself. I knew there was only one man I truly wanted.
I let out a dry laugh.

Maybe in another life..

A/N: Maybe sooner than you think 🤫
Thank you everyone for supporting this book! Hope you are all enjoying it! :)