16. Distraction

Even though Gojo was healing I still made him stay home and rest for a couple of days. He tried to argue with me but when I said the only other place I'd be was teaching his students he reluctantly agreed. I knew he already missed teaching.

He was right about one thing though, we still weren't safe. There was still a bounty on my head and as soon as people realise Gojo was still alive, there would be another on his head too.
Being at Jujutsu tech was probably the safest place to be.

Nobrara and Megumi were currently fighting each other. I could already tell that their skills had improved since the last time I saw them. I smiled to myself. Gojo must've actually worked pretty hard with them.
But then I looked to Megumi and sighed. He had so many similarities to Toji. He was probably going to look just like him when he got older. I'm just glad Megumi is more reserved.

I couldn't help it. As much as I wanted to let go my mind always betrayed me. Thoughts of Toji always flooded my head. The way he spoke to me... the way he touched me....

Trying to get over him was going to be a challenge...
Challenge being an understatement.

" Hey Y/N you okay? You seem kinda out of it today, anything I can do?"

The sound of Yuji's sweet voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

" Of course she isn't she's gotta deal with you on a regular basis brat"

My eyes widened at the voice.
Sukuna...
Yuji immediately slapped his hand over the mouth on the side of his face.

" Sorry my control over him slips sometimes and he has no manners!" He sighed in frustration and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

I couldn't help but be curious. I've worked with Yuji for a while now and that had only been my first glance of Sukuna. Gojo did warn me that Sukuna had more power and Yuji was fighting harder for control.
Apparently we had a mission coming up in a few weeks and as much as I knew it would be dangerous, a small part of me hoped to see the king of curses in action.

" Yeah I'm good don't worry about me Yuji, right come on you should practice your skills with me"

He excitedly nodded and got up into a fighting stance. I soon followed taking my own stance.

" Even in a terrible fighting stance she looks like an absolute goddess".

My eyes widened and Yuji slapped Sukuna's mouth again. His face fell in embarrassment.

" I think you'd like my fighting stance better"

I glanced round to see Gojo walking over. That idiot was meant to be resting!

I glanced back to Yuji to see the mouth of the side of his face had vanished again.

"Gojo what happened to our agreement?" I grumbled at him.

" I feel fine Y/N, besides I wanted to see how you guys were getting on, besides I missed you" he smirked while he playfully waved me off.

He smirk soon fell when he realised how awkward I looked.

" Hey Yuji go join the others, give them hell!" Gojo yelled.

The kid laughed and ran over to the others, immediately tackling Megumi.

Gojo came up and stood by the side of me as we both watched the three students.

" I didn't tell you this the other day but while I was out on the couch I heard everything Toji said to you"

My head snapped up to look at him.

" And I heard what you said when he left".

" Gojo I-"

" Ah let me finish"

He put a finger on my lips and my mouth snapped shut as he looked at me.

" I know you cared about him and it makes me hate him even more knowing the pain he's put you through. But I know you're not going to be over it anytime soon and that's okay. You need to work things out for yourself and I know one day you'll get there. I don't want things to be awkward between us. You're my best friend over everything else and that's all that matters. I don't wanna lose that."

" But I don't want to hurt you anymore Gojo".

He gave me a weak smile.
" Ah don't worry about me, I'm always okay remember that. Just know I'll always be there for you, you don't have to keep anything from me or push me away".

I could already tell he was lying. I hurt him a lot. I don't think he'd ever admit that again, he wasn't one to stay serious for long.
I knew the best thing I could do for Gojo was try and keep some distance between us. I would be lying if I said I didn't still care about him but he deserved so much better than me.

" But...."
He got closer to me and his lips brushed the shell of my ear.
" If in the future you ever need.. a fun distraction or just a release.. you know where I am". He whispered.

I didn't know how to react, my mind was racing. I stood back and looked up at him with a slight blush on my face.
I nodded and gave him a small smile as I left him to go over to the students.

I needed a distraction badly from anything Gojo or Toji related.

Preparing for this mission in a few weeks seemed like the best way to do it.

If only I knew what I was getting myself into.....