17. King of Curses

The day of the mission had finally arrived. I was actually pretty excited to see the students put their improved skills to use.
Apparently a few curses had been terrorising people at a near by park. However it hadn't been anything life threatening to my knowledge.
The higher ups thought it was the perfect opportunity to show if the students were ready to be used on harder missions.
Gojo ended up having other business to deal with so the responsibility landed on Nanami and I.

We both never really saw eye to eye. I could tell by the silent treatment he was giving me as he drove us to the location that just my presence was annoying him. Typical Nanami..

As soon as we arrived, Nobara and Yuji excitedly burst out of the car.

" Hey you two wait a second!" Nanami shouted after them.

But when I stepped out of the car something immediately didn't feel right. This area gave an uneasy feeling and Nanami looked to me like he felt it too.

Megumi stood next to me and looked around more hesitantly.
" Y/N something feels off-"

Megumi's voice was cut off as we all froze. A curse appeared right in front of Yuji.

" Those bastards didn't mention anything about a special grade being here, taking it they didn't mention it to you either". Nanami shouted over to me.

I shook my head.

" Yuji run!" Nanami yelled as he lunged for the curse, trying to get its attention.
But oddly enough it ignored Nanami's attack and headed after Yuji.

I snapped out of it and ran after the curse with Nanami. We shouted back to Megumi and Nobara to stay out of this one and keep down.

We both went in to attack the curse but it just kept it's focus on Yuji. Then the realisation hit me.

This was a set up..

'Those damn higher ups really want Yuji gone' I thought to myself.

We both finally managed to put ourselves in between Yuji and the curse. It finally turned its attention on us and hit Nanami against a tree. He slumped down it and onto the floor. He must've hit his head.
As much as I was worried I couldn't stop to help him right now.

Damn it was just me. I hadn't fought a special grade since Gojo had to save my ass. I still didn't think I was ready to take one on.
I managed to knock it back but only by a little bit. It easily lunged back at me.

But before he could hit me Yuji's hand grasped the curse's arm. When the hell did he get so strong?

" Now now, didn't anyone teach you that you need permission to touch a beautiful woman such as this one?"

That voice...
Sukuna...

He threw the curse down on the ground.

" Besides-" he ripped off Yuji's shirt.

" I think I'm more of a match for you than she is"

I didn't know whether to be afraid of him or in awe of him. He was kicking a special grade curse around like it was nothing but a piece of trash. It seemed more like bullying than an actual fight.

The sheer power this man had was terrifying but I was excited to see him in action finally.

Sukuna soon got bored and tore the curse's head off. He ran his fingers through his hair and laughed.