13. Monster

I took a deep breath as I slowly creeped out of the bathroom.

"Gojo?" I called out.

" I'm in the kitchen"

I nodded back at Toji to let him know it was safe to sneak out but he still remained crouched.
His eyes almost seemed to darken at the sound of Gojo's voice.

I guessed he was waiting for me to go over to him.

I made my way over to the kitchen and saw Gojo leaning on the counter pouring two glasses of wine.

" I thought if we had to talk we could do it with a bit of class don't ya think Y/N".

" So stylish" I giggled, earning a smirk from Gojo.

I tried to keep my attention on him but my eyes couldn't help but dart to the hallway behind.
Toji was crouched at the bottom of the stairs like a predator. His eyes were fixed on us.

Why the hell wouldn't he just leave? It was too risky being this close.

Thoughts like these were racing through my mind as Gojo tried to take back my attention.

He placed a hand on my cheek and gently caressed it.

" Hey so as I was saying....I guess well.....Y/N I-"

And then it happened.

In a flash Toji was in the room.

My whole world froze.

Toji had a knife through Gojo's neck.

" This time I'll try to finish you off" he growled.

He swiftly pulled the knife through his neck. Gojo's head was nearly hanging off his body.

Toji pulled out the knife and Gojo fell to the floor.

Toji wiped his face to clear Gojo's blood but only smeared it further across himself.

I couldn't stop myself from breaking down.

Tears spilled from my eyes as I cried out. I ran and fell next to Gojo, his blood soaked through my clothes as I weeped on his lifeless body.

"No no please Gojo you can't leave me here please" I cried.

I glared up to see Toji standing over me with a sly grin plastered on his face. Yet fury seemed to burn in his eyes.

My whole body was shaking with anger.

" Why Toji?! Why?! Was this the fucking plan all along for you?!"

" It's just how the world works sweetheart, it's never a happy ending out of a fairytale".

Toji began approaching me and I felt myself stiffen. He roughly grabbed my hair with one hand and pulled me to my feet.

I tried to struggle against him but I knew my attempts were pointless. His strength was beyond mine.

I didn't even recognise this man anymore.

No. Man is the wrong word. I didn't recognise this monster standing in front of me.

His other hand gripped the blood stained knife hard until his knuckles turned white.

He clenched his jaw and his eyes seemed to just for a moment shimmer with some emotion..

He dropped the knife on the floor and let out a frustrated sigh.

He suddenly covered my face with his hand, cutting off my breathing. I panicked and clawed at his arms.

" And now Y/N.... You've really seen me" he whispered.

I stopped struggling and everything went dark..

——————————————————

Toji wrapped up Gojo's body and through it in the trunk of his car.

'Damn that man was heavy' he huffed to himself.

He tied Y/N up, placed her in the backseat and slumped himself into the driver's side.

Toji sat there for a minute, staring at Y/N's sleeping face.

Sadness washed over him. He should've put her out of her misery. As soon as she wakes she'll be a mess, scared shitless of the monster in the car with her..

He realised he'd probably never see the loving, trusting look on her face ever again...

"If only we met in different circumstances princess.."
he chuckled, though not an ounce of humour in his voice.

But now what the hell would he do with her?

He was meant to kill her or at least hurt her enough to convince the higher ups.

He could've got the money for both.

Toji considered that they may still want her alive. She could be their 'slave'.

The thought made his jaw clench in rage. He didn't want anyone else to touch her.

"Fuck!" He shouted as he punched the steering wheel. "Why the fuck did I let it get this far? Why can't I fucking let her go!".

'But well... this was it now wasn't it?' His intrusive thoughts took over.

He truly despised himself .

" Y/N baby...." He looked up at her again.
"Whatever happens next.... I'll never stop thinking about you..." He murmured to himself.

His heart felt heavy.

He started to drive off before his thoughts could consume him.

For a while, the drive was silent. Toji focused on the road to keep himself from starting a war in his head.

Silence was more peaceful..

" w-why do you have to play the monster Toji?"

Toji eyes widened as he slammed on the breaks. He looked back to see Y/N's hazed eyes trying to focus on him.

She woke up a lot quicker than he anticipated. 

'Fuck'

A/N: Hey guys thank you so much for over 2k reads! I'm so grateful for the support I've gotten!

Sorry if my updates are a bit slow, life gets in the way a lot.

Hope you are all enjoying the story so far! :)