41. One Step Closer

A/N: One of the scenes is heavily inspired by the drama 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon' (2017)

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

"Do you think this will work?"

"Absolutely." Jungkook answered devouring his parfait.

"Hey! Stop eating! I'm worried here and you're busy worshipping your stomach!" Taehyung quavered.

"Sorry sorry!" He licked his spoon clean before reluctantly paying attention to Taehyung's words.

"So, I will call Yeonhee and ask her to meet me," Jungkook nodded seeing the plan written on a paper, "And then confess to her at her favourite place."

"Yup, but how will you know her favourite place?"

"Don't worry, leave it to me." He proudly slapped his chest.

No matter who confident he was, Jungkook still felt uneasy. He couldn't make his mind around that, he was torn between liking Yeonhee and playing a bro card to Taehyung.

But whatever the issue was, he still needed to support him.

Even if it meant to put my feelings after.

Taehyung then took out his phone and excitedly dialled Yeonhee. After a painfully long time, she picked it up.

"I knew you were jobless, didn't knew you were this jobless."

"I'm sure that's not how you say hello."

Yeonhee rolled her eyes, "What did you call me for? Didn't you had 'work' to do? Like renovating a fucking bakery?"

"We're going out, be there in five." And he hung up.

"What is he?! The boss?!" Yeonhee threw the phone across the room, "The lion, the witch and the audacity of this good-for-nothing bitch."

"What did she say?" Jungkook anxiously tapped on the wooden table. Taehyung looked around for any bystanders before whispering to him.

"I hung up even when she got to say anything."

"You don't ask out a girl like that Hyung!" Jungkook snarled but Taehyung chortled at the outburst of the younger.

"She's very stubborn and a pro overthinker. I guess  I've handled her pretty well."

Jungkook just gingerly smiled at her, half of it he meant it, the other half he didn't.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

"I had stuff to do at my house and I also needed to make a sales report. What the heck am I even doing here?"

"You wished to see me, that's why." Taehyung winked at her which only made Yeonhee groan out of annoyance.

"Oh please, I'd rather eat mint chocolate ice-cream than seeing you." Although she meant it as a joke, he couldn't help but feel a little hurt. But he shrugged it off, thinking that she didn't mean it literally.

"Nice one but I'm not flattered Ms. Kim. Anyway, if you went on a date, where would you want to go?"

"You're acting weird."

Taehyung tried to keep his smile up, "What do you mean?"

"Your grip on the steering wheel is unusually tight and you're dressed up today. And you're not mad at me for comparing you to mint chocolate ice-cream plus the strange questions. C'mon tell me the tea!" She eagerly sat forward and looked at him with wide eyes.