Episode 10

2 days later

It is a weekend. It is currently 12 pm. All the maids were at a holiday today as Aiden's parents are coming in for lunch and she wanted to make them something by herself. Despite Aiden disagreeing on her working in the kitchen she announced a holiday for all the workers. She is putting the last dish in its respective bowl when the doorbell rings. Before Hazel could go Aiden ran from upstairs to receive his parents at the door. 

The door opens revealing Morris and Peter. Aiden quickly hugs them and lets them in.

Morris: "Where is my daughter?"

Aiden: "Kitchen.. Making food for you guys"

Morris frowns and walks towards Aiden and pinches his cheek.

"Ouuuu.. What was that for?"

"You brat.. How dare you let her work?"

"Mom but-"

"No mom.. He denied but I insisted.." Hazel speaks coming out the kitchen wiping off her hands with a towel.

"Awww.. I love you so much you know?" Morris says and embraces Hazel

Hazel giggles and Aiden says

"Yeah you might forget me soon."

"Who are you anyways? This is my daughter right here." Morris says

"Enough.. Let's go towards the dining table shall we?"

Peter says

"Yeah dad let's go" Aiden says and the two go to the dining table.

Everyone is enjoying the food when Morris says.

"Woah.. This Macaroni and Cheese is something.. It tastes different but in a great way"

"Thanks Mom I tried adding some garlic to it"

"Well I am doing that from now onwards"

Hazel smiles. 

"Dad I know you like something sweet after lunch everyday.. I made some Apple Pie too"

"That's good to know" Peter says smiling a lil bit.

There is again a wave of silence when Peter decides to bring up a very serious topic.

Peter: "I can't wait till my grandson walks through this house. Then I will show him what a man needs to know and do. Just like I did with you"

Peter pats Aiden on his shoulder and the latter nods his head in agreement. They both beam in pride when Hazel gets horrified by her father-in-law's words.

Peter: "Have you thought about the nursery yet?"

Aiden: "Yes it is gonna be blue.. And the walls will have posters of cars.. And I will buy toy car models and-"

Hazel: "No we haven't thought about it.. And I am not worrying about it before I get to know the gender of my baby.."

Hazel interrupts them looking at her plate still while Morris places a hand on Hazel's hand which was under the table to comfort her but it was not helping at all.

Peter: "There is nothing to wait for.. It is a boy obviously"

Hazel: "Dad, how are you so sure? It can be a girl too"

Peter: "Dear in the Walker family the child is always a boy... We need a healthy and a strong boy to continue the legacy of the family."

Hazel becomes angry. She puts away the cutlery and looks at her father-in-law seriously. She takes a deep breath before saying..

"What if it becomes a girl? Would you love her as much as a boy? Or would she be inferior and less loved or maybe not loved because she is a girl?"

Aiden: "Hazel please.. Where are your manners? Be quiet now"

Aiden looks at Hazel intimidatingly but that doesn't affect Hazel a bit. It is her right to ask this. After all she is the mother of the baby.

Morris: "Sweety? Can you help me with the Apple Pie in the kitchen"

She says as she could feel the conversation was getting intense.

"Sure thing Mom.. Let's go" Hazel replies standing

As soon as they reach the kitchen Hazel says.

"I am sorry Mom I didn't mean to lash upon at dad like that"

Morris holds her hands and reassures her.

"Don't be sweety... He has gone too far.. Both are too stubborn and they have no idea what they are doing to you"

A tear rolls down Hazel's eyes.. She had someone who understood her..

"I don't know what will happen if we are expecting a girl. Aiden is so determined on having a boy that he will not accept a girl. You know gender revealing is a beautiful thing. People throw parties just for it but I am very scared mom"

"Let's hope that the baby is a boy. It is the best for everyone"