Episode 12

Next day 11 30am

Aiden and Hazel are waiting in the lounge when a nurse walks up to them.

Are you Mr. and Mrs. Walker.?

Aiden nodded.

Mrs. Stewarts called you in her cabin. It is cabin number 32B.

Hazel stands up walking upto the cabin and Aiden follows her. Hazel comes and stands in front of the door. She takes a deep breath before going in.

"Morning Mr. and Mrs. Walker.. It is good to see you both again.. Hope you are doing well.. Hazel?"

Renee asks Hazel who nods while sitting down.

"I've been good.. Thanks"

"Very nice.. I hope your husband took good care of you"

Hazel smiles looking Aiden who smiles in agreement while sitting down as well.

Hazel is really excited to know the gender of her baby but is scared of Aiden's reaction on it being a girl. But she doesn't care as long as the baby is healthy.

"Okay then Hazel please come with me.. Mr. Walker you can stay here.. You will be able to hear everything during the examination."

Aiden nods while Hazel follows Renee with a smile.

After Renee said the baby is absolutely healthy she starts looking for the gender. After a couple of minutes she says.

"Congratulations you both are having a healthy baby girl."

At first Hazel feels super excited but when she hears Aiden protesting she feels quite different.

"A girl? What? There must be a misunderstanding.. We are expecting a boy'

Renee looks at Aiden with her eyebrows raised.

"Mr. Walker there is no misunderstanding"

"Please take another look.. You must have made a mistake"

Hazel is disappointed by Aiden's behaviour and she feels a little bit uncomfortable too. Meanwhile Renee sighs and takes a second look.

"See? Your baby is definitely a girl.. You should be happy about having a little Princess"

While Hazel stands up and walks towards Aiden and sits beside him and tries to calm him down by grabbing his hands.

"Aiden please, A girl is also something beautiful"

"Don't you dare touch me"

Aiden slaps Hazel's hands away and storms out of the cabin. While Hazel stares at his disappearing figure. Tears start forming in her eyes.

"I am sorry Renee for his behaviour.. He was just so excited to have a boy."

"I understand Hazel. Talk to him Hazel. He is probably disappointed because the baby didn't turn out to be a boy. But that doesn't matter because the baby is healthy."

Hazel smiles slightly. She really hopes that it is just the first shock and Aiden is looking forward for a girl.

"Don't worry Hazel... It is gonna be alright.. You can call-"

Before Renee could complete her sentence the door of her cabin swings open revealing a kid. A girl. She makes a pouty face.

"Mommyyy.."

She whines that's when Hazel understood it was the 4 year old kid of Renee.

"I'm sorry Hazel gimme a minute.. Yeah April? Shouldn't you be at school? And how are you here? Where is John?"

"Mommyy I am having a tummy pain.. Teacher called you but you didn't pick and I told them I knew John uncle so they let me come with him and he drove me here"

"Call?"

Renee opens her phone and bites her tongue

"Yeah I am so sorry April.. My phone is on silent mode"

"No problem mommy.. And today dad is returning from Arizona after 2 weeks.. I am so excited to see him again.. But w-who is this?"

April says pointing at Hazel

"She is mommy's patient.." Rene says

"Miss do you have a baby inside your tummy? Is it a baby boy or a baby girl?"

Hazel smiles at the kid's innocence and says

"Yes there is a small baby who is smaller than you and it is a baby girl."

"Renee I will be taking my leave now.. You and April can enjoy you mother-daughter time"

"Ohkay.. And remember what I said"

Hazel smiles and nods her head and walks out of the cabin.