Episode 18

NEXT DAY

Hazel and Aimee were sitting on the bench of the park. Hazel couldn't sleep all night. Seeing Aiden after 4 years made her very upset.

Aimee: "Look Mom.. There's Dad.."

Hazel: "Go to him them.. Sweety"

Aimee nods with a smile and runs into Aiden's arms who knelt down the moment he saw her daughter running towards her.

Hazel couldn't help but smile seeing the sparkle in her daughter's eyes. With Aimee in his arms Aiden walks towards towards Hazel. Aiden puts Aimee down.

Aiden: "You can go ahead.. I wanna talk to your mother.."

Aimee nods and runs towards the playground.

"You raised her well."

Hazel smiles as Aiden sits down beside her.

Aiden: "How are you? What have you been doing all these years..?"

Hazel: "I'm fine.. I have been working a lot and taking care of Aimee"

Aiden: "Worked? And who took care of Aimee when you were at work.."

Hazel: "Friends from Manchester.. I somehow had to feed myself and Aimee"

Aiden: "You went to Manchester?"

Aiden looked at Hazel speechless

Hazel: "Yeah.. I didn't want anyone to fine me.. Not you nor your parents"

Aiden: "Did you have contacts with Beth?"

Hazel: "Ofc.. She was with me all this while.. And she got engaged a month back.. To Lucas.. And is getting married in a week though the marriage was supposed to be held a month  later.. Those two cannot seem to wait."

Aiden: "Oh.. So my words get proved wrong then.."

Hazel: "Seems like it."

Aiden: "Dad passed away 3 years ago.."

Hazel is shocked.. She really didn't expect that..

Hazel: "Oh Aiden.. I'm sorry"

Unconsciously she reaches out for Aiden's hand but when she realizes what she's doing.. She pulls it away..

Aiden: "Don't please.. Let me feel you.."

Aiden holds Hazel's hands tightly and makes no move to let it go..

Aiden: "When you left.. I didn't care at first.. I was angry at you for leaving and at myself for saying those things which I regret till date.. After a few weeks I threw myself into work to forget about you but I couldn't.. Then when dad died.. I felt free.. It sounds strange I know.. But then no one was left to tell how great a son is and what an asset he is to the family... Only then I realized what mistake I made.. From then I started searching for you and our girl... I searched all of USA for you.. But it seemed you had disappeared from the face of earth.. How could I have known when you went to Manchester and Bethany blocked me from her life.."

Hazel could feel her eyes watering. She didn't know Aiden had suffered so much from the separation..

Aiden: "But then I saw you and our lil angel.. My heart filled with warmth and hope.. And I had only one goal to win you and you daughter back.."

Hazel smiles slightly and looks at how Aiden had held her hands tightly and then she notices something. Aiden is still wearing the wedding ring.. He too has been wearing it all these years just like Hazel..

Hazel: "Did you get the divorce papers then?"

Aiden: "Of course but I tore them up immediately.."

Hazel: "Why? Why didn't you sign the papers? You could have been free and looked for a woman who could carry your son.. Instead you are leading to a marriage that no longer has a chance. 

Aiden is shocked hearing Hazel.. He can't understand why she would say something like this..

Aiden: "How can you say that? I know I have said things I am not at all proud of.. But I will never give up on you and Aimee... You are my family.."

On the other hand Hazel could not understand why Aiden would say such a thing.. He wanted a son so bad and he could easily have one.. Why does he want her and Aimee back when he didn't want her even when she wasn't born.. 

Hazel lowers her gaze.. She doesn't know what to do..  She loves Aiden.. She never stopped loving him yet she is conflicted..

Hazel: "Aiden.. I don't know if this will work-"

Aiden: "Shh.. Don't say anything.. I will prove it you that I am serious about you and and our daughter.."

Hazel says nothing and looks at Aiden.. He squeezes Hazel's hands and smiles at her.. She is still very skeptical but she doesn't want to stand in the way of Aimee's wish and forbid her contact with her father. The best thing she can do is maintain her distance with Aiden. 

Hazel: "Aiden.. I need to meet Beth regarding her wedding dress.. I shall meet you later.. And y-you can come to Beth's w-wedding.. Gimme your number.. I shall text you the date and venue.."

Aiden: "A-Ah Okay"

They exchange their numbers and Hazel goes towards the ground picks up Aimee and leaves while Aiden stands there watching them leave.