Episode 15

Hazel wakes up when she feels someone in pinching her cheeks. She smiles because she knows who it is.

"Why did you wake up so early baby?"

She opens her eyes asking her daughter who is currently sitting on top of her.

"I have a school function.. Don't you remember?"

"Oops.. I forgot.. Nevermind let's get you ready.. Do you remember your dance steps?"

"Moooooom.. I am singing not dancing.. Aish"

"Ahhh.. Sowie Sowie"

Hazel stands up and carries her daughter to get ready. Hazel came to Manchester and is currently living a peaceful life with her daughter, Aimee who is turning 4 in a few months. It is soon going to be 4 years that Hazel left Aiden and has no contact till date. Even when Hazel's lawyer handed Aiden the divorce papers there was no word from Aiden. She didn't even get back the papers. So Hazel and Aiden are still married. After she came to Manchester she had to start working straight away in order to feed herself and her unborn baby. Bethany used to visit every month or two.  Sometimes she received calls from Morris but she had completely turned her back to the Walkers. 

"Aaand this bow and there we go.. My lil princess is ready"

"Mom I will see you at the function right?"

"Yes baby mom is taking a leave from work today.. Now let's go mmkay?"

They are currently at the bus stop waiting for the bus when Aimee spots a girl there but her smile drops when she sees her with her mom and DAD. Although Aimee was just 4 she was very mature she never mentioned her dad infront of her mother. But seeing her friends with their dads made her sad at times.

They board the bus as it arrives and reach school. Hazel laves her for school and heads towards the school auditorium.

After 30 mins.. The program starts... 

Hazel knows she will see Aimee at the end because all the songs are at the end. But the lights go dim and there is a spotlight on a girl Aimee. Hazel is quite confused because according to her knowledge Aimee shouldn't be here right now.

And Aimee starts..

"Although she is not physically very strong she faces every hurdle of her life. She motivates me to be like her and never submit in difficult times. Above all, my mother encourages me to improve my all-round skills and studies. She motivates me to try again and again till I get success in it. I love her not because and we should respect our elders. I respect her because she has taken care of me when I was not able to speak. At that time, she has taken care of all my needs when I wasn't able to speak. Additionally, she taught me how to walk, speak, and take care of myself. Similarly, every bigger step that I have taken in my life is all because of my mother. Because, if she hasn't taught me how to take small steps then I won't be able to take these bigger step. Our function today is directed towards all the mothers. Hope you enjoy it.

Hazel knew these words weren't written by Hazel she is reading what her teachers told her to. But Hazel couldn't help the moisture forming in her eyes. It was true. Aimee and Hazel have each other always. 

After school

Hazel is waiting at the school gate as children are getting dispersed and Aimee isn't out yet. 

"Moooooom"

A tiny pair of hands wrap around Hazel's legs and she picks up the tiny human.

"Mom you know the girl who was supposed to the speech got hurt in her legs today so she couldn't give the speech that's why Miss. Jeffries told me to give the speech.. Was it nice? Did you like it? But I didn't understand many words"

"Yes baby I loved it and the song was very good too.. I am so happy that you came in my life"

"I love you too mom.."

"Let's go home.."

"Yeah.. Home here we come"

Hazel chuckles at her daughter's cuteness and starts walking towards the bus stop.