Chapter 29: Set back

" Kai! Agua! Please, stop! Just take me! Agua, I know what you want! Please!" Agua gave me such a cold look it could have frozen water on the spot." No, you don't know what I want. Because you won't stop trying. It's mine." I clenched my fists and shouted," You know you're very naive to think I'd hand you the crown just like that! It's mine, you nimrod!"He sneered,"Fight to the death then." " I'm not killing you no matter how much I don't like you right now, because I'm not like you." Kai groaned and I looked again at the knife in his arm. I felt sick like I'd never before. The combined smell and vision of the blood floating in the water was enough to make a person throw up. Especially for a person not fond of blood in the first place. "Kai, stay with me, okay. I'm-I'm gonna be with you in a second." I rubbed his good arm, but I think I made him feel worse. He groaned louder. I felt a ping in my cheek. I turned my head slowly and left my mouth hanging open with disgusted eyes. "Did you just throw something at me?" he smiled cockily. When I win this fight I'm going to hurt him so hard. " I'm not going to kill you. Well might not. But I will come close." " I'd like to see you try." I frowned, mad he didn't back off after my threat. It was manners. I glanced at Kai and there was more blood in the water. I winced at the sight. He started moaning even louder and more painfully. I swam over to Kai and gently, trying not to hurt him, whispered that everything was going to be okay. His eyes fluttered open for a second and the corner of his lips turned up for a moment. Agua threw something at Kai but I blocked his path and a rock hit my stomach and stayed for a second before falling down into the water. I then realized Agua meant for the rock to hit Kai's forehead. Trying to cause him more pain then he already had! The rock caused a cut in my stomach. No, I'm gonna kill him." Agua, how dare you? You're disrespecting the future queen of the place you are going to live in. The crown is mine, give it to me right now so no one else gets hurt." I quickly glanced back at Kai and looked back at Agua speeding toward me to throw another pebble. I blasted a ball of water at him which set him back for a second. He bolted forward again and I dodged him then hit him in the stomach with my fist. Hard. He grabbed his stomach and doubled over in pain, though he quickly recovered and dove for my neck. I swatted away his hand. Thanks Auntie for the 8 years of karate. I splashed him super quickly in his face with my tail. Then when I was ready to punch him again he wasn't there. I looked around. Suddenly a series of sharp rocks stabbed me in the back. I spun around and while he was still throwing the rocks at me I collected them in a water ball and he froze. I smiled, then one by one started throwing the sharp rocks at him. Slicing him everywhere. More blood flooded the nice hideout. Kai winced and I looked at him. One of my biggest mistakes. Agua hit me in the head incredibly hard, so hard I blacked out.

    I woke up to the sound of people rummaging around. My eyes fluttered open and my first thought was where's Kai." Kai? Kai, where are you? Where's Kai?" " Oh, she's awake. Thank goodness," Atlantic." Can I get food now? I'm hungry?" Rylie." Guys, what happened? When did you get here? I'm going to kill Agua," I tried to lift my head but a sharp pain ran through my head to my toes, or fin." You're at the hospital. Kai's not in here because he's in a different room. Hospital regulations, apparently. I don't know where Agua went, I didn't see him. I'm so happy your safe." I tried lifting my head again this time ignoring the agonizing pain that woke me more than anything else could. " Where are we?" I asked in a daze," I just said this. Were in your hospital room you had a black out and you were lying on the floor when we found you. Kai was unconscious and almost fell asleep into a coma. There was so much blood you guys were attracting sharks, we had to lure them away." " Where is he?" Atlantic chuckled," He would think it's funny your so worried about him. Kylie told me he kept on insisting he was okay. Despite him almost falling asleep into unconsciousness while getting his stitches." I blushed but had nothing to say. I really was worried about Kai." Kylie's with him right now and all Rylie can think about is food." I pulled back the green hospital kelp blanket." I need to get to Agua's room, but first I need to see Kai." Atlantic nodded then her eyes flicked up, she looked back at me then did a double take. She technically shouted," Rylie! Stop looking at the fish like that your scaring them!" Rylie swam over to me with a disappointed look on her face," He's down the hall first to your left. Have fun." While swimming away I heard Atlantic scolding Rylie for being so unenthusiastic about me waking up. I chuckled to myself and suddenly felt stronger than I had a moment before. I swam fast despite the pain in my head which had weakened in the time I had woken up a bit less. I swam down the hall eager to see Kai. I burst into the small room and Kai turned his head and his eyes said it all," Zayana, your awake!" I ignored Kai's weird comment and swam towards him." Kai!" I hugged him tight and noticed his arm. " Are you okay? How's your arm?" He chuckled," It's funny your so worried." I blushed again," It's funny you think I'd be so worried about you, I was just wondering." We both smiled and the door opened and I turned to see Kylie at the doorway," Zayana? Zayana, you woke up!" I smiled awkwardly and accepted Kylie's embrace. I gave Kai a skeptical look trying to ask my question through my eyes. What's wrong with everyone today? I pulled away," Of course I woke up, why is everyone so surprised?" I asked looking between Kylie and Kai for an answer." No reason, it's just the doctor said you probably wouldn't wake up for another day or two." I was officially confused," What?" I thought back to everyone's comments. You're awake! . . . wouldn't wake up for another day or two. You woke up! "Kylie, how long have I been asleep?" I asked with concerned eyes. Kylie lowered her head,"Kylie, how long was I asleep?" I repeated fear rising in me. An hour, two? A day? "We found you . . . three weeks ago."