Chapter 37: Cuts and Bruises

Kai and me swam out slowly. A man was outside with Agua. He had a brown box, a delivery box? He wore a hat that said Chucks Deliver Service!" Who are you?" I asked when we came out," He said he has a package for you." Agua said, clearly irritated, the man held out the box with the happiest smile I'd ever seen and I quickly took it. I unwrapped it and found the phone that Kylie had asked me about. I felt a ping of sadness thinking about her but checked it and made my password PRINCESS! I checked my contacts and everyone I knew was on there, even CiCi. That was weird, I turned toward Agua and glumly handed him the necklace. The only thing I needed to maybe seeing my mom was a necklace. And I didn't have it anymore. A tear rolled down my cheek, inflated and floated away with all other bubbles that were cried." Yes! I have it! Finally!" I grabbed Kai's arm," Get ready to swim." I whispered," Fast." Agua rested the silver necklace on his neck. I whimpered," Can I take Kai and leave now?" Another tear rolled down my cheek," I just want him." Agua nodded," Whatever, leave me." Agua was becoming the almost king tomorrow. I couldn't let that happen, and fortunately. I hadn't. Kai and me swam away slowly. We had all the time in the world." Zayana! Come HERE!!" We both looked at each other on the brink of laughing and swam." Race ya!" Kai shouted," It's on!" I shouted back. We both swam as fast as we could and then I pulled out my secret weapon, I wished to be invisible and bubbled away." Zayana!" Kai shouted, I giggled. I know that was evil but I couldn't help it," To the coral house!" I shouted, he stopped and his eyes were bug eyed. I hoped I was visible again," Kai, it's ok. I have a super power, I can turn invisible and can hear through walls and probably so much more! I haven't unlocked them all yet," he stared to the left and right, and up and down and everywhere in between but he couldn't place his eyes on me. Kai gripped his head and started rocking back and forth in the water," Where is she? I can hear her but I can't see her. I've finally gone mad." I closed my eyes and thought of Kai finding me and that I was visible. He gripped me tight," Wow, that's awesome! But tell me next time. You said you had hearing powers, how far away is Agua?" I focused on Agua and let the water embrace me. I heard him shouting and screaming, he couldn't be more than a few hundred yards away," If we wait for a few more seconds, you'll see." We slowly swam for a bit," So when did you find out?" Kai asked," When we went to Old Woman Kelpiana, I wished I could hear what you two were talking about and I did. That was the first time. Then when I met Shelly and she grabbed my tail, I wished I was invisible and I was." He nodded," I wonder if Theos knows." Kai said," Yeah, my cousin CiCi, that guard that was chasing you the first time we met, explained everything to me," I explained. I focused on hearing Agua and instead saw him," Oh, it's time for us to go." Kai looked back and both of us nodded," He's after me so I'll be invisible but beside you the whole time. Actually can we hold hands?" He held out his and I grabbed it. We swam until we reached the coral house. By the time we were there I think I was visible," I wonder what powers you have?" I said aloud," Zayana, sometimes they skip generations, so I might not have powers." " Of course you have powers, you can blast bubbles and so can I, that was the first sign we had powers. Don't you think?" Kai looked unsure," Well-" I didn't wait for an answer," So I wonder what powers you have?" I said decisively. He nodded," Sounds reasonable." We swam into the coral house and Kylie was tied up in a chair struggling to get free, with tape over her mouth." Ok, not going to ask." I put my hands up in surrender. I was not going to touch that topic. Kai said," But I will, what's Kylie doing tied up and with tape over her mouth?" Atlantic came out a corner with scratches all over her arms and face," She-she attacked me after I pulled her off of Rylie." Atlantic was gasping for a breath," Oh no," the cuts were still fresh and there was some blood floating by her arm." I'll get bandages," I said." No need, Islands getting them, but he tied her up before he left because she had already knocked Rylie out." "Oh my gosh, is she ok?" Atlantic nodded over by Rylie and Kai swam over quickly checking his sister. I swam over to Atlantic," Does it sting?" I asked, she nodded," A lot." " Perfect," I said in an exasperated tone. Atlantic was starting to look faint, I feel like it was more than the cuts." Is that the only thing that's wrong?" I asked as I grabbed a cloth and a bottle labeled peroxide. I poured the peroxide on the cloth and dabbed it on Atlantics scratches. She winced," No, she also grabbed that metal bowl and smacked it against my head, many times." Atlantic still hadn't caught her breath and she reached for the arm of a chair. Instead I led her to the bed and she lied down on that," Rest here and dab this on your scratches." I said handing her the cloth. Had Kylie turned into a maniac? She was psycho! Kai walked over to me and whispered," Kylie would never do something like this even if she was angry. There's something wrong," I noticed it too," I know. Something with Agua, I bet. We have to do investigating at the palace," " We'll leave at the crack of dawn, I'm too tired." Kai yawned," So am I." Before Island came back since we were both too tired we fell asleep with a weird drink in our stomachs. We slept on the small couch. And I sighed, I needed that rest.