Chapter 49: A Familiar Voice

After I ate my fruit I walked upstairs and saw Vlad awake," Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlaaaad!" I yelled in his ear. Okay, so I woke him up but he was awake after that so . . . it counts. "What is you need, Zayana?" Vlad asked with his eyes still closed and still laying down. "I need you to reverse a monitor." He was still smiling in his sleep. That's a bit concerning. Vlad popped up scaring me a little,"Why not start with that in the time of the next?" I rolled my eyes, smiling a bit,"Come on." I said we walked downstairs and Vlad examined the monitor. " It attached to his ear nerve if try take it off Agua, if calculations right and they are, then Agua may/may not bleed to die." " Bleed to death?" I asked," That what I say." I smiled," But can you reverse it to where we can see his pulse, hear what he's hearing and talk to him?" Vlad nodded," Easy coral." I rolled my eyes at another stupid saying they had under the ocean. "Can you do it now?" I asked," You have tools?" I shrugged," I don't know." I checked the storage room and the garage but didn't see the tools. " We don't have any," " Well, I's need tools to de-reverse." " Well, I can go get them I just have to change." I ran upstairs and changed into clothes I hadn't slept in. I ran back downstairs with a different t-shirt and different shorts, grabbed my aunts credit card and then walked out the door. Most everything was in walking distance but I only went on walks like this with . . . Una and Luna. I wished I could talk to them but if I did and someone who was working with Rob saw then they could be in trouble like serious trouble and they can't defend themselves. I walked down the road seeing my neighborhood for the first time in about a month. I walked downtown to Christy's ToolWork and heard the light tinkle of the bell signaling that someone had walked in the store. I had told Vlad before to text me from Agua's phone what tools he wants. I waited for the text in the back of the store.

Agua: Wrench, screwdriver, mallet, spanner, hammer, drill, and hand drill
I'm glad I didn't get something attached to my ear nerve. I walked around looking for the tools and got a basket. When I was looking for the mallet I heard the tinkle. Then I heard a familiar voice talking to someone in the aisle behind me. Where had I heard that voice? I thought about it for so long. Then when they spoke again, it hit me and my blood froze. They were one of Rob's minions. The one who was complaining about handling a girl and a woman. I looked over without turning my head and saw their honeydew hair in a buzz cut and their light brown eyes. A traitor walked among us. If I hadn't heard their voice I could've easily just walked by them and they would've noticed me and then caught me. How many people were working for Rob that walked around in plain sight? I got so nervous I didn't hear them when they asked me to move," Excuse me, I need to get here." I almost looked in their eyes but caught myself. And just moved to the side in a deep voice I said," Sorry." " It's a'ight. Not in a rush." He seemed nice, but who really seemed nice and could be really evil? A lot of people apparently, I know from experience, remember Kylie? Yeah, she seemed nice. I grabbed everything else quickly, checked out and kept my head down the whole time. I ran home and when I got in the house I gave Vlad the tools ran into a bathroom sat down panting and cried. What had I gotten myself into? What did I do? How many people that were working for Rob saw me? How would I tell the difference between good and evil? I moaned, because life just got a lot more complicated. Suddenly I was wishing I hadn't walked into that cave.
Sigh.
    Welcome to my weird secret life.