Chapter 4: "What is diabetes?"

Gina's POV:

"Okay, I think we lost them. Alright you seriously have such mad driving skills. You saved my life back there," The teenage boy said to me as he took his snapback off and flipped his hair.

Oh my god.

"Oh my god, you're E.J Caswell," I stopped my car that was in brake and finally realized that he wasn't impersonating him.

Am I being punked? Ashlyn would kill to be here right now.

"Oh come on. I thought you said you didn't know me," E.J leaned his head against the backrest and groaned.

"Well at the time I did but I didn't care so I said you were impersonating someone," I started to say but E.J cut me off.

Rude.

"Look just please don't scream. I'll give you my hat. I'll give you concert tickets. Movie premiere tickets, teen award tickets, anything, just don't tell anyone I am here," E.J begs me and looks me straight in the eyes.

Wow he can be convincing and rude at the same time. I'll mess with him.

"Fine, I want one ticket to every single one of your concerts, all your new merch, a VIP ticket to your new movie and your hat," I smile at him and mimick one of his fans.

I watch as he pulls out his cell phone and texts someone.

"Dude, you are unbelievable. How conceited and gullible are you?" I groan and honk the car horn out of nowhere.

"You're just assuming I'm a fan because I wanted to help you like a nice non-screaming civilian would?" I sass back at him.

All of a sudden, my insulin pump starts beeping. Ugh this is not how I wanted to end my night delivery shift. It's beeping because I need to change it and it is running out of insulin.

"You know what I don't really care who you are or who you were about text. So you can take your concert tickets and photos and stupid hat and shove em up your ass because I would rather not be here right now," I bite my lip and dig through my purse for my CGM meter.

Shit. My glucose reading is 300, no wonder why I'm screaming at E.J Caswell right now.

"Hey what was that beeping sound? Is it from your car?" E.J interrupts me again.

Doesn't this guy have nay manners?

"Yeah, it's from my car that I just turned off," I sass at him.

I better get his autograph for Ashlyn and Carlos if I'm going to sit here listening to him cut me off.

"No, idiot. It's my insulin pump. I need to go home and change it but instead I'm sitting in front of some random person's house talking to you," I try to say nicely to him.

"Your what?" E.J almost immediately says to me.

Thank god he didn't cut me off this time. I swear I need to give insulin but I'm here talking to a "celebrity".

"I have an insulin pump. I need it to live because I have type one diabetes," I explain to him calmly and show him the pump attached to my stumach.

I'm used to showing people my insulin pump but not E.J Caswell.

"What's diabetes?" E.J says as he stares at my shirt I lifted up so he could see it.

"Oh my god, are you that dumb and uneducated?" I say to him as nicely as I can.

"Alright, calm down. You obviously aren't a fan of mine. Thanks for saving my life. If anyone asks forget you even saw me," E.J says as he opens the passenger side door and begins to get out.