Chapter 13: "Yeah people do change,"

E.J's POV:

"So, what do you usually do on Sundays?," I looked up from my makeshift floor bed to see Gina sitting on her bed reading her book while waiting for me to wake up.

"Work on my portfolio, call Ashlyn to see what she's doing, wait for someone to call if they need a pizza delivered, watch Netflix, do homework if I don't get it done on friday," I look over to see Gina put her book down.

"Don't you ever have fun on the weekends? Isn't that what normal teenagers do? I don't really have free time. Don't you give yourself free time away from schoolwork?" I sit up and stretch.

"E.J, I'm trying to get into FIT by myself. If I don't get a scholarship or award or something, I won't get there. My parents pay for medical bills and my dad doesn't even want me going to FIT. I have to make my dreams come true somehow," I listen to Gina while she gets up to pick an outfit from her closet.

"Right, sorry. So what can we do today that doesn't involve me being seen by people?" I ask her hesitantly.

"Stay home. Watch me work on my portfolio and application that's due next week. Wait for Ashlyn to call me so I can tell her that E.J Caswell is at my house," I watch Gina as she goes to her bathroom to change.

Damn, I thought she was getting used to me? Maybe her glucose reading is high? She was snappy and sassy the other night when that happened in her car.

"Oh and sorry for being so sassy to you this morning. My glucose reading is high. I get moody when its above 300. I guess I need to take some insulin," I hear Gina as she walks out of the bathroom in her new outfit.

 I guess I need to take some insulin," I hear Gina as she walks out of the bathroom in her new outfit

Well, that makes sense. She looks gorgeous even though she's staying home.

"You're staying home and you're dressed like that?" I stare at her outfit.

"Is there something wrong with my outfit? Is it ugly?" Gina looks down at her outfit blushing.

"Well, no. You look amazing but you look like you're going to school or on a date or something. You look like you have a reason to go out," I keep looking at her outfit.

"I need inspiration and motivation. How am I going to work on my portfolio if I am falling asleep in sweats?" Gina looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"Oh okay, well you look nice. I'll just change back into my old clothes and hoodie," I turn to go to her bathroom.

"Remember don't touch anything on the sink," I hear Gina call to me as I close her bathroom door.

Shit. I just told her she looks amazing. But she does.

I go over to her sink and splash some water on my face then change back into my grey t-shirt and hoodie.

When I exit her bathroom, I see Gina sitting at her desk with a pencil in her hand and some watercolors next to her.