Chapter 25: "Why should I help you?"

A/N: I finally figured out how to do the text message image thingy but I'm too lazy to do it in this chapter so I'll just do texts in Bold letters :)

****************

E.J's POV:

Ricky went back home last night and its been exactly 10 hours since I released "Hero" ft. Ricky. B out on all music platforms. He helped me with the vocals and guitar chords.

I feel so stressed, relieved, and anxious at the same time.

I am stressed because I don't know if anyone will figure out who the song is about. My mom only let me release it because it speaks to the my fanbase demographic, whatever that means.

I am relieved because I had this song idea stuck in my head since my birthday party and I wrote it all in that journal Antoine gave me. And I am anxious because I am telling my parents I want them to just be my parents and not my managers today.

I am also telling them I don't want to be in some Netflix movie.

This is either going to go well or very bad.

I also haven't received Ashlyn's number from Ricky yet so I have no plan to talk to Gina yet. It's 12:30 so Ricky should be eating lunch now. I'll just have to wait till he talks to Red. He hates me but I know he will respond because I wrote him a long apology text last night after our fight.

"Hey mom, hey dad, can I talk to you about the movie?," I walk down to the living room and see both of them on their laptops since I only have a photo shoot later today.

At least that's all that is on the schedule because I released a song last night.

"Yeah, sure. Sit down E.J we want to talk to you about one of your other co-stars," I listen to my mom but she is still looking at her planner.

"Yeah, I kinda wanted to talk to you about that. You see I really don't want to do this movie. I just don't want to do a movie at all. I want to work on my music," I sit down in a beanbag while they type on their laptops.

"Ok, then we'll just get you more time in the studio and then you can have a bigger set list for the Europe leg of the tour," I watch my mom type on her laptop.

She obviously doesn't get what I want.

"I understand that you are stressed E.J, maybe a family vacation and time to write more songs would be good so that you are ready for the second half of tour," I listen to my dad speak while writing on a notepad.

No, no, no. That's not what I want.

"Respectfully, mom and dad. I just want you to be my parents and not my managers. I want me own life. control of my social media accounts, text messages and music. I am 18 now and I am an adult. Please stop scheduling things for me," I say while I close their laptops and take their notepads away.

"Ok, okay. No worries. No worries. We'll handle it. We will get you more time off tour so that you can make more music," I watch my dad get up and play with his Cash Caswell name tag he had from his office.

"No, no, that is not what I meant. It's time that I start managing my on life. Listen to me please, so you know what, you're fired. I'll find another management team. I just want you to be my parents from no on and forever," I say to them and look them in the eyes then walk away to see if Ricky has texted me because my parents don't have control over my texts anymore.

Antoine was nice enough to help me get away from my parent's phone plan last nice while we were working on "Hero" with Ricky.

He really has changed in the last few months. I don't know what has gotten into him.