Chapter 29: "I believe in second chances"

E.J's POV:

Shit. I knew this would happen. The paparazzi always finds a way to use an image and create a story.

I lay back on my king size bed and start to tear up while staring at the text that Gina's best friend, Ashlyn sent me and an image of Nini and I doing press.

Ashlyn: I knew you were trouble when you walked into Gina's life. Don't come to prom. I;ll have to find another singer and band to play at my prom that I am planning which is in like 2 weeks or so. I WAS a fan of yours before you hurt my best friend

E.J Caswell: Look, I can explain. It's not what it looks like.

Ashlyn: I don't want to hear your explanation. I gave you tickets to our prom and the location, now please don't come break her heart again. I don't know why I ever liked your music before all this happened.

Ouch, I deserved that.

E.J: Nini and I are doing promo for the Teen Awards. There's nothing going on between us and she has another boyfriend now. Just look it up on celeb site if you don't believe me.

Ashlyn: You better be telling the truth. And you are lucky today, I believe in second chances. If you mess up one more time, I will kill you at Prom.

E.J Caswell: Thank you so much for understanding. I really do love Gina. You have to believe me. See you at your prom.

Ashlyn: Just so you know, she was crying in my arms the other day and she got a full scholarship from FIT but your fake news from the paparazzi on social media ruined her day

E.J Caswell: I am so proud of her and I knew that she could get in. I am planning my Prom surprise as we text. I'm sorry for all the trouble that I have caused

Ashlyn: I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to...

Shit. Ashlyn's right.

Even though, I've never met this Ashlyn girl who's Gina's best friend. I can tell she really means it when she says she will kill me at Gina's Prom if I mess up again.

I plan on writing another song for Gina. But this time, not an apology song but a song to show her how much I still care about her.

And I have to go to Oregon and go to that Prom. I still have the tickets Ashlyn sent me, even though she said Gina does not want me to come and I can always get  private jet to Oregon somehow.

I'm E.J Caswell.

"Hey E.J, I just wanted to let you know that you have another studio writing session today and rehearsals for the second leg of tour. Oh am I interrupting something? Are you okay?" I look up to see Antoine looking concerned at my bedroom doorway.

Great.

"Uh yeah, I was just reading the comments on a post. I know I shouldn't have done that. Let me get ready for the day and grab my bag and journal, then we can head to the studio," I shoot him a fake before shooing him out the door so I can get dressed.

I need to write that song for Gina and an apology speech so I don't mess up again.

After Antoine leaves my room, I pack my backpack and fill it with a water bottle, Gina's senior hoodie that I kept hidden in my closet to give back to her, my journal that Antoine gave me from my birthday and a few pens in case one runs out ink.

Thankfully, my dresser, Mr. Mazarra isn't in charge of helping me pick out my outfits for when I go to the studio, so can I just pick out whatever I want to wear. So, I quickly grab an olive green button up, jeans, and sunglasses from my walk in closet to go to the studio.