Chapter 31: "What You Mean to Me"

E.J's POV:

Today's the day I'm going to perform at Gina's prom. I'm doing this because her friend Ashlyn needed a musician to play at Prom but most importantly to show Gina that I still care about her.

It's been a tough last 24 hours for me so far getting to Oregon and getting prepared for tonight. My mom asked me why I was getting a red eye flight to Oregon from LAX airport last night and I obviously didn't respond to her since she isn't my manager anymore.

I had to make this entire trip a secret. I told my assistant, Antoine, about it and he let me go because there's no more Teen Award Press but he said I had to take security and he wouldn't be able to come on the trip.

"Mr. Caswell, your room service is here," I look up from my bed and see my security guard walk in unannounced.

This new security that I have is unlike the guys that I had back on tour or in L.A. There's three big buff guys who wear all black t-shirts and pants. They are very rude and don't even talk to me unlike Gina who can talk to me all day.

Gosh, I miss her so much. I wish that I could use a time machine and travel back to the day before our beach trip where I said she was just a fan of mine.

"You could've knocked first," I roll my eyes at the security guy who didn't even bother to knock and see if I was dressed or not and then go over to the small table where my dinner is set.

Gosh, this trip would've been easier with my old security guys from tour and Antoine.

I have no assistant or manager with me. I guess this is what it's like being 18 and a celebrity

"Could you uh go stand outside please?" I try to tell my security guard that I need space to eat breakfast alone.

I wait for him to go stand outside to make sure that no crazy fans get in and then when he's gone I go over to my back pack and pull out my journal that has my song for Gina and apology speech to read over.

I need to make sure that I don't mess tonight up. I only have one chance to get her to forgive me.

If I mess this up, her best friend Ashlyn is going to kill me for being the Prom entertainment and for making Gina sad on her Prom night.

After I finish my dinner from room service, I grab my phone from my night stand and see that I have 11 new messages. 6 of the messages are from my management about tour, music, Teen Awards and modeling, 4 of the texts are from Nini asking about the movie again even though I told her NO, and the last text is surprisingly from my only friend, Ricky.

My management can wait. I can reply to them about music, tour, and the Teen Awards later.

Gina is more important.

I look down at my phone and see a picture of my former high school best friend wearing a burgundy suit and posing by a wall.