Chapter 8: "How did you find this place?"

Gina's POV:

As I drive to our next destination, I glance over at E.J who is still hiding with his sunglasses, hoodie and hat covering his face. He looks uncomfortable but I guess he's used to hiding from paparazzi by now.

"Woah how did you find this place?" I hear E.J gasp as I put the car in park after driving for a good 30 minutes in awkward silence.

J gasp as I put the car in park after driving for a good 30 minutes in awkward silence

"I'll tell you after I set up. You can take your hoodie and sunglasses off. No one knows where this is. We are basically in the woods," I say as I get out of my car . Then I grab a picnic blanket from my trunk before putting it on the ground right outside where I parked.

E.J told me about his personal life so now it's my turn to do so. He's not who I thought he would be and I think that's a good thing. I still don't get why my friends are so obsessed with his music and movie deal though. It hasn't even been twenty four hours and I kind of feel bad for him.

"Ok?" I hear E.J ask me curiously as he takes his disguise off and puts his sunglasses in his pocket.

"Come here and sit down, the ground isn't that hard with the picnic blanket," I pat a space next to me for him to sit down.

"So, how did you find this place?" E.J says as he sits across from me on the picnic blanket.

"I came here when I first got diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. I was 14 years old and ran away from home. I didn't know where to go. I just knew that my life was over when my doctor told me I had diabetes. So I kind of found this place or it found me. Anyways, I eventually ran back home because I wasn't feeling great and explained to my parents why I ran away so that's why they work so hard to pay for all my medical supplies. They want to keep me safe and healthy. I can take care of myself but the insulin and supplies are expensive. It's been tough at home. My mom says we don't fight but they work a lot so I never get to talk to them," I sigh and stare at a ladybug that's crawling on the ground.

"I'm sorry that must be tough. I can't imagine what life what would be like if I had to stick needles in myself all the time. I'm also sorry for being rude to you earlier. I wish my parents cared about me," I look over and see E.J look down at the picnic blanket.

"I eventually got used to the needles and medicines after going to therapy and talking to a diabetes educator. It's not too bad now. I think your parents really do care about you E.J. They might be invested in the entertainment industry because of the money but look at it this way, you are living your dream and you have money. You can afford a future and you don't have to worry about paying for bills. They are looking out for your best interest even though they don't show it," I say as I scoot over to him and side hug him.

"I guess you're kinda right," I hear E.J say quietly as we side hug for a moment and sit and listen to the birds chirp.

All of a sudden, my CGM starts beeping ruining the moment. Ugh this is normal for me.