Chapter 24: "I'll find out eventually,"

Gina's POV:

Its been a month or so since I told my best friends what happened and they got me my prom dress. I feel so lucky to have them as best friends but I still feel so empty without E.J.

I know he's a jerk and I'm just a fan but I miss his interactions and conversations. I miss the idea of him being in my room and being my secret. He was so kind to me and I felt like I was being treated like a princess. I miss that feeling even though I know that he threw me under the bus and I will never see or talk to him again.

It hurts just listening to his music or seeing his poster online. Carlos still likes his music but not his image and I'm okay with that. I can't change what he likes.

I haven't heard any of his songs except for "A Billion Sorrys" and the one he sang to me in my secret forest but the idea of knowing he's everywhere hurts because I knew him. I knew the real him but everyone else didn't.

Today's my first day back at school. The paparazzi have left my house but I'm still seeing pictures of my face and hashtag mystery girl on my social media pages. Ashlyn said not to look at social media but I have to because I am waiting to see if anyone from anywhere got into FIT. If they did that might mean my acceptance or denial letter is coming soon.

My mom also won't let me drive to school so she took an afternoon and night shift at work so she can drive me to school in the morning and I ride with Kourtney in the afternoon.

I don't like this plan but at least I get to go to school and Prom.

I missed at least three weeks. I don't know how much time passed I wasn't even counting the days but I need to graduate.

*****************
"Hey bestie, ready for your first day back? Carlos, Seb, Kourt and I are always here for you,"  I see Ashlyn sling her backpack over her shoulder when I get down the stairs to get breakfast because my glucose reading is low.

"To be honest, not really. Everyone online is still talking about mystery girl and my photo is everywhere they just don't know who I am," I shrug my shoulder and start making toast with avocado spread and grab my water bottle.

"You'll be okay. Besides Miss Jenn misses you and Carlos discontinued the you know who club so I think you are good for now. I just hope paparazzi don't find my license plate number," I listen to Ashlyn while I sit down at the dining room table to enter the carb count in my pump before I eat.

"Not helping Ash," I nudge her shoulder from across the table.

"Sorry, anyways I forgot to tell you that I told your ex-boss, Big Red, that I am not going to Prom with him because he got me those concert tickets and I don't feel like going with him. I want to go with you and spend my last Prom with you. Besides Kourtney is going with some guy named Howie from the pizza place who asked her the other day when we stopped at the pizza place and Seb is planning on asking Carlos to be his date so I just wanted to make sure you aren't going to your senior prom alone," I listen to Ashlyn and then hear the toaster beep.

"Awww. Ash, you didn't have to do that for me. I don't really feel like going to a school dance anyway everyone's going to have a date. Besides Big Red stares at you whenever you come into the pizza shop. I may not have my job anymore but I know things," I wink at her and start to spread avocado spread on my toast.

"I did it because I love you and we aren't going to have time to see each other next year. You're going to be at FIT and I'm going to one of the colleges that accepts me and joining every club there is," I listen to Ashlyn say excitedly.

"You are going to be so stressed in college. You don't need to join billion clubs and I feel so honored to go to Prom with my best friend," I finish my toast then go over to hug her.